Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Hotels.com
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
All reviews one night stay rod laver arena across the road mcg accommodation tram
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 February 2024

Room rate changed by management on check in with additional charges despite booking confirmed as choice privelidges member, felt very much like "money grabbing" by management. Lady at check in was abrupt and unwilling to discuss further.
People clearly smoking in ground floor rooms, stunk of cigarette smoke. My children were surprised & quite worried by this.
We observed a number of questionable looking characters moving through the establishment.
The room itself appeared OK, slightly updated but scratch the surface and hygiene was lacking. Old used tissues found behind the curtains, a sour smell in bathroom ? From drain in the shower?
Hotel noisy overnight with people slamming doors and walking up and down corridor at 3am.

But perhaps worst of all, we discovered bedbugs crawling up the behead the next morning! (Reported to management, who have said they will address)
Definitely avoid this hotel if you value hygiene & feeling secure at a hotel at night.

Room tip: Clean up hotel in every aspect & train management in customer service.
Date of stay: February 2024
Reviewed 4 February 2024

BEWARE: We booked and paid for this hotel on June 30 2023 for 16–19 Feb 2024, the weekend of the Taylor Swift concert. Out of the blue on 3 Feb 2024, 7 months later, I receive an email from Maxine, the owner, that my booking has been cancelled & refunded. No explanation. Maxine did not reply to my messages, hung up on me when I called, then on my daughter & my husband. Also on Stayz (who I'd booked it through) and Choice, the hotel chain. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL. Maxine will rort you.

Room tip: DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL
Date of stay: February 2024
2  Thank Louise A
Reviewed 7 January 2024

We stayed at Comfort East Melbourne in January 2020 while we were attending the Australian Open. The location was perfect - the building is back from the main street so there is minimal street noise but you are still in the thick of it in the middle of East Melbourne - so plenty of shops, cafes and public transport. We found it super easy to catch trams/Ubers to and from the CBD / Richmond. The space itself is very clean, stylish and bigger than we expected. It was very comfortable for us as a couple. Staffs were great with the comms too. If you’re going to the tennis, cricket or just want to hang out in Melbourne this Hotel is a great choice!

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2024

The room itself is very cosy and looks exactly like the photos. The air conditioner does take a while to cool the room, but it will get there eventually. The receptionist also provided very clear instructions on how to use the TV and cookers and was very responsive throughout my stay. Even though the lift was out of order the night we arrived there, the receptionist offered to help take the luggage to the room for us. It was a very comfortable stay for us.

Date of stay: December 2023
Reviewed 26 December 2023

A nice suburb view,Convenient car parking and friendly staff.

Very handy for number 12 and 109 trams going directly to the CBD area.

Comfortable bed (although pillows are rather large for my liking) and lovely fluffy towels.

The staff were very prompt in responding and sorting out a small problem upon our arrival. I can definitely recommend

Date of stay: December 2023