Lowest prices for your stay
USD 82
Free cancellation until 29/10/21
eDreamsUSD 82
getaroom.comUSD 86
TravelocityUSD 81
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2019

I have stayed at these premises a few times over a lengthy time span, through some changes of name and ownership. This year I ensured that I stayed in one of the renovated rooms (which appears to be a gradual process) I could not fault the cleanliness of the room, the servicing of the room, or the staff friendliness. I do find the top floor quieter as the sometimes large touring groups and generate a bit of noise. But the management has a zero tolerance policy on partying, and from my observation this is adhered to. The guest laundry could use a second washing machine. Though there are plenty of newer establishments in East Melbourne, this remains my go-to accommodation in that city.

1  Thank Anne K
Reviewed 8 July 2019

We went to the footy that was our main reason for staying. Walking distance no more than 15 minutes, we couldn't of booked a better place. Not much around for food options we were lucky to find a couple of small places about 300 meters up the road a pizza & burger/chips/ fish shop. Shopping and other entertainment all needed public transport to get to. We were happy with our room, pleanty of room, pretty clean, no noise from cars.Did have to ask for a few things but wasn't a problem when asked, example 2 towels, 4 people. Key card didn't work had to replace with a key.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Susan T
Reviewed 24 June 2019

Good location close to city, parking overnight on street so have to leave early.
Small room, oddly shaped bathroom with sips to get in and out of bath, tea making/kitchenette, quiet overnight & comfy bed. Very cheap to stay.
Desk for working. Helpful service and quick check in after hours.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisF_Sydney
Reviewed 24 June 2019

We booked this hotel based on the 4-star trip advisor rating and the proximity to the conference venue, however although the size of the room was generous and had a basic kitchenette the room itself was quite disappointing. The furniture is worn and probable better suited to backpacker accommodation, the bathroom fan was very loud and the bathroom cold even though the heating in the room was running. I put some of my clothes on the shelves in the wardrobe and when I took them out found they were covered in dust. It looks like the shelves and never been cleaned nor was dusting a priority in the hotel generally. Two of the 4 pillows in the room did not have pillowcases and when I asked reception for them, she did not seem to know what pillowcases were used for. Housekeeping did eventually provide some. Generally, it was not a comfortable stay and based on the price and description I would only rate it as a one or two star property at best.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank CWarrior
Reviewed 21 June 2019

Considering this hotel is rating 4 star on TA, we were disappointed. The room was spacious but dated and the furniture not the most functional and also quite worn. The bathroom was basic. One night the hot water was just warm and not hot enough for a bath.

Overall, the room and common areas are not that clean. Contact with staff can be variable. The check in was good but other interactions were a struggle.

In the end our three night stay was barely ok, however, I would have preferred a better option. Should be 3 star on TA to properly reflect what is on offer. YMMV

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple