Review Highlights
The Private Tour Guide- GREAT MEMORIES- 3 Different Tours- 3 Fabulous Days!!!!!

I researched our options for touring and with whom. The Private Tour Guide was fantastic in the... read more

Reviewed 26 February 2020
F3739ENjennifers
Take this 2 day trip

With so many options, it can be hard to decide the best way to tour the Great Ocean Road. First... read more

Reviewed 25 February 2020
UNR91
Berkeley

Recommended experiences in and around Melbourne
from USD 330.02
from USD 81.01
from USD 101.26
from USD 108.76
More Info
All reviews the great ocean road yarra valley phillip island beat the crowds penguin parade city tour moonlit sanctuary wonderful trip simon koalas tours sights australia wineries gor winery nobbies
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Simon picked us up at our hotel in a very comfortable Mercedes SUV and we were soon on the main roads taking the 'reverse course', inland first, to the Twelve Apostles, then to the Loch Ard Gorge and then to Apollo Bay for a nice lunch. We were heading in the opposite direction from all the big tour buses and had virtually no traffic along the coast on the return trip. On little side trips he showed us koalas and habituated colorful parrots that were delightful. Lots of 'roos, some on golf courses, some in packs running along the fields by the road. With just the three of us, we had great conversation the whole trip. Simon was very informative and we had lots in common to talk about.

It was a great day and well worth the extra expense of a custom tour if you can afford it.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Just spent two days with Simon before we start our Tauck tour. Simon is fabulous. Extremely professional and courteous. Oh, and very knowledgeable of the history and culture of Melbourne and Australia. Day one was the Wildlife Sanctuary with Simon as our private guide - not a drop off and see you when you're done. Then winery visits including a terrific lunch at one. On day two he filled in the blanks after we told him what our Melbourne tour would cover. Ethnic neighborhoods and interesting & comprehensive details covering both historical and current cultural events and trends. Do yourself a huge favor and tap into this local treasure.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

After extensive research, I decided to book the private tour guide for our Yarra Valley tour and I can truthfully say they did not disappoint. Simon tailored the wine tour to our preferences and took us to a fabulous place for lunch (our absolute favorite for our entire stay). Our party consisted of 3 adults and 1 infant and we felt comfortable with our infant at all of the places we visited. We accidentally left our jackets in the car after the tour and Simon dropped them off at our accommodation the following day, amazing! Highly recommend The Private Tour Guide, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank jennifer m
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I did a 1 day Yarra Valley wine tasting tour with Simon, along with my wife and 1.5 year old daughter. I booked my tour with Simon based on great TripAdvisor reviews and was happy I did so. Simon was a great guide and gave lots of insights into the history of Yarra Valley and also the different vineyards in the area. He also took us to a great place for lunch, with beautiful scenery and fantastic food. We would highly recommend him and would book another tour again if we ever find ourselves in the area in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I feel compelled to write this review now even though it is 1o'clock in the morning. We have just spent 2 full days with Simon seeing the sites of Melbourne. From the amazing day yesterday where we went on the great ocean road and because Simon is such a great guide we had no traffic and had the most amazing pictures where it looked like we were the only people on the road. Today was just as spectacular where we had great coffee ticked off all the must do's in Melbourne and finished the day with the penguins at Phillip Island. I cannot rate Simon highly enough for his knowledge professionalism and general know how. Definitely the best guide we have had in Australia and New Zealand. Thank you Simon

Date of experience: March 2018