Review Highlights
The Private Tour Guide- GREAT MEMORIES- 3 Different Tours- 3 Fabulous Days!!!!!

I researched our options for touring and with whom. The Private Tour Guide was fantastic in the... read more

Reviewed 26 February 2020
F3739ENjennifers
Take this 2 day trip

With so many options, it can be hard to decide the best way to tour the Great Ocean Road. First... read more

Reviewed 25 February 2020
UNR91
Berkeley

Recommended experiences in and around Melbourne
from USD 330.02
from USD 81.01
from USD 101.26
from USD 108.76
More Info
All reviews the great ocean road yarra valley phillip island beat the crowds penguin parade city tour moonlit sanctuary wonderful trip simon koalas tours sights australia wineries gor winery nobbies
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Just spent two days with Simon before we start our Tauck tour. Simon is fabulous. Extremely professional and courteous. Oh, and very knowledgeable of the history and culture of Melbourne and Australia. Day one was the Wildlife Sanctuary with Simon as our private guide - not a drop off and see you when you're done. Then winery visits including a terrific lunch at one. On day two he filled in the blanks after we told him what our Melbourne tour would cover. Ethnic neighborhoods and interesting & comprehensive details covering both historical and current cultural events and trends. Do yourself a huge favor and tap into this local treasure.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

After extensive research, I decided to book the private tour guide for our Yarra Valley tour and I can truthfully say they did not disappoint. Simon tailored the wine tour to our preferences and took us to a fabulous place for lunch (our absolute favorite for our entire stay). Our party consisted of 3 adults and 1 infant and we felt comfortable with our infant at all of the places we visited. We accidentally left our jackets in the car after the tour and Simon dropped them off at our accommodation the following day, amazing! Highly recommend The Private Tour Guide, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank jennifer m
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I did a 1 day Yarra Valley wine tasting tour with Simon, along with my wife and 1.5 year old daughter. I booked my tour with Simon based on great TripAdvisor reviews and was happy I did so. Simon was a great guide and gave lots of insights into the history of Yarra Valley and also the different vineyards in the area. He also took us to a great place for lunch, with beautiful scenery and fantastic food. We would highly recommend him and would book another tour again if we ever find ourselves in the area in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I feel compelled to write this review now even though it is 1o'clock in the morning. We have just spent 2 full days with Simon seeing the sites of Melbourne. From the amazing day yesterday where we went on the great ocean road and because Simon is such a great guide we had no traffic and had the most amazing pictures where it looked like we were the only people on the road. Today was just as spectacular where we had great coffee ticked off all the must do's in Melbourne and finished the day with the penguins at Phillip Island. I cannot rate Simon highly enough for his knowledge professionalism and general know how. Definitely the best guide we have had in Australia and New Zealand. Thank you Simon

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Simon from "The Private Tour Guide" knows a lot about Melbourne and shares it all with you as he takes you to the best known places to see. It's a private tour for only the people who booked it whether that be 1 or 6 people, driving in his Mercedes people mover. I'm a Sydneysider and wanted to know why Melbourne was voted as the most liveable city in the world when we Sydneysiders always thought we won that accolade so I trotted off with my teenage daughter for a weekend to see for myself through the eyes of a local and I was not disappointed! Simon, having been born in Melbourne and grown up here, happily drove and walked us through the Queen Victoria Markets (very clean floors for a food market, by the way - dare I say better than ours!), If I lived there, I'd do my weekly grocery shopping there. Then he took us to Little Italy and to a famous italian pastry/cafe Brunetti's where I had a pastry with a coffee. Simon gave us the history of places as we went to see them so we could get a feel for how they came to be. Then we walked about 15% of the Botanical Gardens. Very serene and lovely with weddings taking place on a beautiful sunny day. A very green, lush place. We did a quick photo stop at the Shrine of Remembrance where we got a hilltop view of the city. As the Formula 1 race track was being prepared for the following weekend, Simon was able to take us for a ride on it so we could imagine the drivers racing at 350km/hr while we drove a comfortable 50km/hr. He then took us to the colourful Brighton Bathing Boxes at the beach citing these small pretty storage boxes cost a whopping $600,000 to own and all of them were closed and not being used when we went there. We drove through St Kilda with running commentary. As time permitted, we were able to see the colourful, graffiti'd city alleyways and lovely, quaint and classy arcades with famous tea houses with a music trio playing some wonderful classical music to set the tone of the place. We walked past lots of popular and quaint cafes and restaurants which I would try out if I lived here. The atmosphere was great! The food that we did eat in Melbourne during our stay was delicious. All in all a great way to spend 5 hours getting to know Melbourne so I would highly recommend using The Private Tour Guide if you want a private tour. Simon is good at telling you all you need to know about Melbourne and answered any question I had. Thanks for a great tour. I now have an appreciation of why this city has such a good reputation and will definitely be back to soak up some of the culture it's renowned for. Not hard to do when Melbourne's only 1 hour's flight away from home.

Date of experience: March 2018