Review Highlights
The Private Tour Guide- GREAT MEMORIES- 3 Different Tours- 3 Fabulous Days!!!!!

I researched our options for touring and with whom. The Private Tour Guide was fantastic in the... read more

Reviewed 26 February 2020
F3739ENjennifers
Take this 2 day trip

With so many options, it can be hard to decide the best way to tour the Great Ocean Road. First... read more

Reviewed 25 February 2020
UNR91
Berkeley

Recommended experiences in and around Melbourne
from USD 344.93
from USD 77.61
from USD 105.83
from USD 229.96
More Info
All reviews the great ocean road yarra valley phillip island beat the crowds penguin parade city tour avoid the crowds moonlit sanctuary hour tour wonderful trip fantastic guide simon koalas apostles tours sights australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We had a wonderful tour yesterday with Peter. He was friendly, knowledgeable & introduced a few lovely surprises for us on our tour.

We visited the South Melbourne Markets & tried the Dim Sims. We stopped at the Shrine of Remembrance & climbed to the top. We also got to see the light go across the stone before heading to our clairvoyant readings at Spellbox in the Royal Arcade. When we walked out of Spellbox, there was no queue at Hopeton Tea Rooms, so we were able to be seated straight away & had a beautiful lunch.

Afterwards we drove to the Old Melbourne Gaol & arrived when they were about to put on a re-enactment of the Ned Kelly story. Afterwards we went to Brunetti's for afternoon tea & then went for a walk & viewed some graffiti. Peter drove us around the city pointing out landmarks & telling us about the history of those places. He advised us on places we could stop & was wonderfully adaptable to changes we made along the way.

We honestly couldn't have asked for a better day - especially as our 16 year old was sick with a virus. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a tour, as it was the least stressful travel we have ever done.

Please pass on our compliments & thanks to Peter. All up a great day filled with fun & laughter.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We booked a wine tour for 8 people with Simon Greenland of The Private Tour Guide back in July. What an enjoyable day it was. Simon tailored our experience from our discussions and it certainly was a day to be remembered. Recommend you do this with your friends, interstate or overseas guest. Whatever you thought you knew about the Yarra Valley and its Wineries, Simon showed and told us much more!
Thank you Simon ... we have personally recommended you and will be booking another tour soon.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Leah guided our family's 2-day Great Ocean Road trip on August 8 and 9. She's very nice. What impressed me most is her love to the wild and people. She led us to the Bay of Martyrs, where we had a wonderful morning playing on the beach, thought it might be the coldest August for nearly 50 years. We enjoyed all the local coffee and restaurants that she's recommended. Thanks so much.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 20 August 2017

While my partner was in Melbourne on business commitments, I decided to take the opportunity to visit some of the sights in and around the City. Having come from the mid west coast, and a small town girl, I have always felt overwhelmed and lost in the big concrete jungles. I would have never been able to navigate my way around Melbourne. Simon's guides put me at ease and made my experiences enjoyable and carefree. I was picked up each morning at our hotel by my guide and driven around in a clean comfortable vehicle, not having to worry about the how's or where's. Many thanks to Leah and Peter, who were both, informative, friendly and an asset to Simon's operation. I would recommend 'The Private Tour Guide' to anyone wanting that more personalised approach to a touring experience.
Ms Bassett
Port Hedland W.A.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Our family of 5 (3 teenagers) visited Australia in July and wanted to maximize our visit to Melbourne. Simon spent 8 hours with us but it went by incredibly fast. By the end of the day, we felt that we had a very good sense of the city and the energy that makes it special. Simon brings a lot of positive energy and a great sense of humor, and kept 3 teens engaged which is not easy to do.

Highly recommended!