“Private Tours Victoria”

USD 146.43*
Half Day Phillip Island Penguin Parade Tour
Ranked #28 of 94 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Tours Victoria offer private, unique, and personalized tours to all the desired destinations in Melbourne, Australia! Our clients even have the wonderful option to customize their own tours with us!
Reviewed 24 January 2015

We recently enjoyed a two day Great Ocean Road Tour and also a visit to Phillip Island. We found Cameron & Telika enthusiastic, knowledgeable and only too willing to accommodate any changes we wished to make during the tours. They were always punctual with a well-presented vehicle and a standard of driving which gave us no cause for alarm.They went out of their way to show us locations off the beaten track as well as the standard ones which added to the pleasure of our experience. We covered Bell's Beach, Lorne, Apollo Bay Great Otway National Park Pt Campbell and various coastal points and all points in between. We were not bound by bus schedules and enjoyed complete flexibility. Among the wildlife we saw were koalas, kangaroos various parrots and sea birds as well as seals (if your eyesight was good enough). We were offered walks within our physical limitations although the more energetic could have ventured further, both in the National Park and down on the sea shores. At our request they arranged over-night accommodation at Apollo Bay and made bookings for us at La Bimba Restaurant that evening.

A couple of days later they took us to Phillip Island. After collecting us from our hotel we took a run to Brighton where we saw the multi-coloured bathing sheds as well as outstanding properties on the foreshore. We then drove to Phillip Island at a leisurely pace since the penguins do not appear until after sunset (nearly 9pm with daylight saving) We spent some time looking at the farm on Hamilton Island. They then took us to a chocolate factory for a brief visit before driving to Cowes where they had book Harry's Rest for us to have our dinner. From there we went to the viewing area where we spent quite some time viewing the surrounding coastline and inlets. They had pre-purchased the entry tickets both for the penguins and Hamilton Is and thoughtfully provided cushions as aluminium and/or concrete seats become rather uncomfortable after a short time. They also directed us to a good vantage point for the later arrival of the little penguins. The staff at the sanctuary gave a very useful briefing both in English and other languages to give us an idea what to expect and ensure that flash cameras or mobile phones etc were not used.
At the end of the show we found them without difficulty and had a good run back to MLB arriving at midnight.
We were delighted with both trips that they arranged for us and would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone seeking a personalized tour within Victoria.

Cedric572014

There are newer reviews for Private Tours Victoria

Reviewed 12 January 2015

I went on two private tours with Cameron and Talika. The first was a photo tour of Melbourne and the second a tour of Hanging Rock.
Both tours were tailored according to my needs and requests, and I have appreciated the friendliness and preparation of my tour guides very much. Price is also reasonable.

PrivateToursVictoria, Owner at Private Tours Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2015

Hi Marco!

Thank you very much for your kind review. We had a lovely time with you and enjoyed showing you the best places in Melbourne!
We hope you've had a fabulous time in Australia and we hope to see you when you come back again.
There are many more wonderful places to explore in Victoria and Australia!

Reviewed 16 December 2014

I am so glad I chose Private Tours Victoria for our family of 5, inclusive of 2 boys age 7 and 10. No regrets. I'm not in favour of touring with a large group on huge buses and I do not like to be rushed to stick with an itinerary planned by someone else. As I am very meticulous when it comes to planning, I relayed to Cameron via email my proposed itinerary in great detail. He was very forthcoming in advising about the timing and generous in giving alternative suggestions. My decision to confirm my booking with the company was a leap of faith as I did not know anybody from Melbourne, I had no personal recommendations and I relied heavily on the good reviews. We had 3 fantastic days with the company, the first 2 days with Cameron to Mornington Peninsula and Great Ocean Road and the 3rd day with Simon to Phillips Island. Both of them were very friendly, easy to get along with, knowledgeable and accommodating. No two guides are the same and we appreciate both of them for their own unique approaches, personalities and charms. At the end of the trip, I'm very thankful to have been acquainted with the landscape, fauna and flora of Australia. With Cameron, we were treated with breathtaking sights of the Great Ocean Road and the mini jungle trek at Triplet Falls was very refreshing after the long drives. The rain did not deter us! With Simon, it was very exhilarating for us, especially my boys when we made stops by the road to see an echidna, a koala and penguins in the 'wild' (ie. not in captivity). Overall, we were very well taken care of by Cameron and Simon. Both are safe drivers and know their back roads very well. They have provided us with a very memorable experience.

Reviewed 11 December 2014

My 2 friends and I spent months planning a return trip to Australia. As we searched for things online we'd never done before in the Melbourne region, we found Private Tours Victoria. We loved the idea of a private tour so I reached out to Cameron with a million questions, all of which he was very helpful in answering. I'm sure I drove him crazy, but there were just SO MANY options of things for us to explore in Mornington Peninsula, and we're "planners" at heart, so we wanted out day outlined instead of just winging it. We decided on seeing a honey farm, the lavender mazes, the hot springs, a couple of wineries and a dairy farm for some cheese. Cameron took care of all the arrangements and insisted we make a lunch reservation through him to avoid missed opportunities. We did and couldn't wait for our day.

On the day of our tour, Peter picked us up at our hotel in a luxury sedan with bottled water provided. The car was so comfortable for our full day of adventure. And let me just go ahead and get my gushing of Peter started...he made the day. He was funny, engaging, smart, and never cared one bit that we had a ton of questions and wanted to take goofy pictures at times. He never rushed us but kept us aware of what we would need to do to see everything we wanted to see. And he had such a knowledge of Melbourne and Australia as a whole and talking to him was worth the entire cost of the trip. He was just so laid back and accommodating. We just can't say enough about him and even asked if he'd travel with us to our other Australian destinations and take us around there too (jokingly, of course).

Here's our day and where the obstacles occurred:

We started at the honey farm. Check!

Then we went to the lavender mazes. Check!

Then it was off to lunch at the winery where Cameron made our reservation. Obstacle. The winery was open for tastings but their restaurant was closed that day and they had no reservation. Um. Okay. But we never even knew there was a problem until Peter had FIXED it. He let us do a tasting while he inquired about the reservation. By the time he told us about the problem, he had already called to a winery up the road and found us a place there. We were disappointed but nothing like that was going to ruin our day so we went with Peter's flow. And lunch was amazing!

So after lunch we headed to the dairy farm for a cheese tasting, which we were probably most excited about...obstacle. The dairy farm was closed that day. So Peter took us to another one, only to find out it was closed as well. We were more disappointed about this than lunch, and we were confused about why none of our plans with Cameron were coming to fruition, but Peter said we should just go to the Hot Springs and he would figure out what was going on.

We went to the hot springs and had a wonderful, relaxing time. Check!

So, Peter picks us up and as we walk to the parked car, he pops the drunk and SURPRISE....he had an array of cheeses and crackers and plates/glasses for us. It wasn't SO NICE we were speechless. Talk about someone who cares...Peter...you're a hero!

We spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the snacks and getting a grand tour of Mornington Peninsula with stops at beautiful spots for pictures and Peter even took us to new places we hadn't actually planned on seeing but were so happy he showed us.

The bottom line: Our day was perfect. It really was. And we have Peter to thank for that. It was just a great, great day. The only complaint we had was that we never got so much as an email from Cameron saying "sorry' for the mix ups or whatever happened that made 2 of the 5 things we planned on doing impossible. We didn't expect money back or anything...we were too grateful for our great day for that...but some sort of acknowledgement from Cameron that he hadn't even made the reservations for us would have been appreciated...and it would have raised our rating from 4 to 5 stars.

Reviewed 14 November 2014

No better way to describe Talika and Cameron's tour than as first class. From the contact when arranging the tour to the service, itinerary and commentary provided on the day we could fault nothing. We very much look forward to bring more of our family back to enjoy a day out touring melbourne with you.

1  Thank Delene P