All reviews awesome apartment bedroom bathroom apartment arts centre brilliant location these apartments yarra river free tram zone federation square minute walk accommodation concierge foyer roomy
Reviewed 16 February 2018

A great experience all round. Wonderful staff from booking to checking in/out. Room was clean roomy and had everything we needed. Didn't need to go to our car once for the whole stay as the apartment is in such a great location we walked everywhere. Gym facilities are great. Felt very homely as soon as we arrived. Great view from the balcony, very east to waste time watching the world go by. I cannot wait to stay again, ee will definitely be back :)

Room Tip: I don't think you could go wrong booking any room
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Checkin was a breeze. Called when leaving the airport and was met straight away in the foyer upon arrival. Taken to our 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment on the second floor. Light and Breezy. 2 Bedrooms with Queen Beds and the third with 2 singles. Great lounge area and balcony. Accommodation is right next to Southbank complex so many great food options. Definitely recommend

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here over the long holiday weekend. Had a nice two bedroom, two bath apartment with balcony overlooking the Yarra River and Federation Square. Looking to the right, one could see Melbourne Cricket Ground. The apartment was well-maintained and very comfortable. There is an underground car park. Unfortunately, is an additional charge, but well worth it. Not too high of cost for parking and have in and out privileges. Highly recommend 28 Southgate apartments. Thank you!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We booked a week here as a family, and to be honest we're absolutely shocked with the amazing view our apartment had to offer. The best city views of Melbourne and about a 100m (max) walk to Southbank. The apartment was extremely clean and modern, with self sufficient facilities...laundry &a kitchen. Was definitely worth the price paid.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Zane998
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We booked for 3 nights. Were very impressed by the welcome service of the owner and the beautiful room. We had travelled 12 hours by car to get here, me suffering with a fair bit of ongoing pain from an injury. The owner of the apartment was very helpful with our luggage as he saw my pain. Later that night as I lay on the bed, it completely collapsed from under me, all slats falling from the bed and their plastic clip ends all on the floor. On inspection from my partner, these plastic clips had been snapped off previously and never replaced so slats were never securely attached. It took nearly an hour to get in touch with someone to help. Next thing we know, the very drunk owner knocks on the door rambling and angry that we'd interrupted his fancy dinner. He threw the mattress off the bed and then blamed us for moving the bed when he in fact did it when he threw the mattress. He made no sense and didn't offer to fix it. When I asked him what i was supposed to sleep on with a bad back, he said "I don't know, nothing I can do about it now, call up in the morning" when asked if we could get a refund on the 2 nights remaining he told us no, if we leave, we get no refund. We came back the next day from a physio appointment to find new slat clips and a box of chocolates tied to the door. We had to fix the slats ourselves!!! Not good enough and would never go back!!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family