Open today: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
More Information

Ways to Experience Whisky & Alement
from USD 121.03
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

This is heaven for any fan of whisky. As a fan of Islay peat filled scotch there were too many to try. Would recommend for long standing fans of whisky or even people trying to get into whisky, as the bartenders know a lot about scotch and have great recommendations.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Small premises which makes things really cozy. Varied clientele which adds to the atmosphere. An enormous selection of drinks. Worth a visit

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 11 July 2016

If you like scotch, are in the city of Melbourne, you will like this place.
It is a hidden little joint in Russell St across from QV.
The list is quite extensive and the bar staff are knowledgeable.
The night we tried it, there was a pop up Japanese bar at the front. They were giving tastes of 3 Japanese scotches for $22.50. As a mostly Scottish whisky drinker, I had not attempted the Japanese previously so was a good chance.
I have been here twice before and try a different variety each time as opposed to what I have at home. Take your time going over them all.
There are a range of wines too and small eats. Appears they open from 7pm on a Saturday.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 11 July 2016

I have visited here several times, as they run “meet the marker” scotch tastings regularly. This bar is small and cosy, nice and romantic. They have many scotches on offer, as well as a few beers, ciders and wines for non-scotch drinkers. The prices are a little high, but the selection is quite large. You can also buy takeaway of many bottles if you find a dram you like the taste of!

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Arrived into Melbourne mid Friday afternoon & checked into our hotel. "What should we do now?" was the question. "I know" I said. I've been wanting to visit Whisky & Alement for a long time but circumstances wouldn't allow. We arrived a couple of minutes after its opening time of 4pm. We were the first there. Lucky we arrived then as, soon after, the place was packed. It's small but fantastic. The whiskies on offer are vast & mind-blowing. Friendly & knowledgable service.