Review Highlights
PLEASE READ THIS IN-DEPTH REVIEW BECAUSE THE EXPERIENCE EXCEEDED ALL EXISTING REVIEWS.

KNZOR

KNZOR

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Melbourne
from AU$189.00
from AU$138.00
from AU$175.00
from AU$175.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2023

My partner and I were celebrating our 4 year anniversary and went on the Mornington (Day 1) and Macedon (Day 2) tours on 2 consecutive days with Trevor (Mornington) and John (Macedon) where we were the only 2 passengers on both the tours. We felt like we have won the lottery by taking a chance with Wine Tours Victoria (WTV).

Below are the reasons in segments for areas of interest where i try to be as specific to Mornington’s tour and Trevor (our tour guide) as possible:

OVERALL RECOMMENDATION:

Both Trevor and John have DECADES of wine experience which enriched our wine tour experience TEN FOLDS with the in depth knowledge provided. Furthermore, you won't have to worry about cancellations (See "HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE" section for more info) as they operate under ANY WEATHER conditions unlike many other wine tour companies.

MORNINGTON TOUR EXPERIENCE WITH TREVOR:

We tasted at 4 different wineries and had lunch with a glass of wine. Each of these wineries were so picturesque and unique. We had the privilege of gaining exclusive access and tasting experience due to us being on a tour and the relationship that Trevor has with the wine makers over decades. We even had some special wines that we have NEVER had before and even wines that were NOT YET available to the public as well as tasting off-the-tasting-menu wines! More importantly, we learned so many new and mind blowing things. ALL of the wines we tasted were EXCEPTIONAL which highlighted the HIGH QUALITY of the VINEYARDS.

TREVOR AND THE WINE MAKERS:

Everyone was extremely welcoming and due to the small tour group (just me, my partner and Trevor), our experience was very intimate focused on US. It felt like we were all friends from the start and as the tour progressed, we actually became good friends. The entire experience actually felt like a holiday where we can relax and let loose instead of it being like a formal event. Trevor himself made the tour so beautiful as he made sure we were looked after, knew what to expect and facilitated our experience with the wine makers to further enrich the process of wine tasting. Furthermore, the food was INCREDIBLE with SUCH A WONDERFUL ATMOSPHERE. Trevor left us alone to enjoy our meal together and for more intimacy as this was our anniversary which we would have loved his company if he stayed to eat with us! That’s how much we liked Trevor!

HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE: (I will speak about this area while referring to WTV as a whole as you may get Trevor or John which they both share and EXUDE the VERY RARE and LOST quality of hospitality and customer service which reflects EXCEPTIONALLY HIGH and UNIQUE QUALITY of the WTV wine tasting experience and the company as a whole).

WTV (particularly the people within it being Trevor and John) has an extremely rare quality that makes their hospitality and customer service one of a kind which arguably, you only see in the older generation. My partner and I were late by 30 minutes due to extreme unforeseen circumstances, yet Trevor was extremely patient, understanding, ensured our welfare and welcomed us with the biggest smile and open arms. He even closed off an entire lane with his emergency lights on just for us for 30 minutes! Additionally and EXTREMELY ADMIRABLY, with the tour just being us 2 (for BOTH tours), WTV actually loses money (TWICE), however, they STILL ENTHUSIASTICALLY proceed with the tour despite it being a LONG journey out of their days while LOSING money. They do this purely and altruistically based on the principle of being EMPATHETIC to their customers and not wanting to cause any inconveniences to them by cancelling (MANY PLACES CANCEL IF THEY DON’T MAKE MONEY). They want to GIVE as MUCH AS THEY CAN to US despite ANY backlash they may endure because they believe that the BEST type of advertisement is in the EXPERIENCE in of itself and the recommendations by word of mouth. BOTH of the Mornington and Macedon tour experience were a TESTAMENT to this. EVERYTHING WAS CATERED TO US TO ENSURE OUR HIGHEST-QUALITY EXPERIENCE. As i mentioned, this is an extremely inspiring, heart-felt and LOST old school ethic of doing business and hospitality which touched me and my partner’s heart and is why this section is the longest. Unfortunately i placed this section last as i know potential customers may want to know about the wine experience first. Lastly to give this section credibility, i know the financial losses due to Trevor and I speaking about the financial aspect of wine tours from me being interested in it and asking, which Trevor is the OWNER of WTV and happily shared with my partner and i. If we didn’t speak about it, my partner and i would have just assumed that WTV was making good profit from the tour due to Trevor’s and John’s incredibly positive and welcoming attitudes. Upon learning this financial aspect, we realised why so many (probably all) wine tours cancel if they don’t have more than 2 guests and the fact that the tour guides of WTV go on such a journey to make us happy at THEIR OWN EXPENSE, highlights the importance that they place on the quality of hospitality and customer service to their guests.

Lastly, with what i've mentioned above, they have their own website (Wine Tours Victoria) and I encourage everyone to book a tour from there because booking from that website will help them make as much money as possible (as booking from an advertisement website will make the advertisement company take a percentage of the payment, which ALL advertisement places do)!

OH AND DID I MENTION THAT THEY OPERATE UNDER ANY WEATHER CONDITIONS UNLIKE ALL (IF NOT, MANY) OTHER WINE TOUR COMPANIES? THEY HAVE ONLY CANCELLED TWICE IN THEIR DECADES OF SERVICE WHERE THE ONLY TWO TIMES WERE HIGH FLOODS THAT PREVENTED ACCESS TO THE CBD AND BUSH FIRES.

Thank you so much for making this such a memorable 4 year anniversary for my partner and I, Trevor and John!

Date of experience: November 2023
TrevorA691, Owner at Wine Tours Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2023

Thank you for your very detailed review of your wine tour, very much appreciated

Reviewed 29 November 2023

My partner and I were celebrating our 4 year anniversary and went on the Mornington (DAY 1) and Macedon (DAY 2) tours on 2 consecutive days with Trevor (Mornington) and John (Macedon) where we were the only 2 passengers on both the tours. We felt like we have won the lottery by taking a chance with Wine Tours Victoria (WTV).

Below are the reasons in segments for areas of interest where i try to be as specific to Macedon’s tour and John (our tour guide) as possible:

OVERALL RECOMMENDATION:

My partner and I HIGHLY recommend this tour with THIS tour company. We were even recommended to this specific company by another HIGHLY renowned wine tour company (one of the pioneers of wine tours) that we have been with previously where we had the an incredibly high quality experience. They were booked out, however, they mentioned that WTV is the ONLY other wine tour company that they will recommend as no other is on par. After going with WTV we were so grateful for the recommendation as our experience exceeded ALL expectations from EVERYONES’ PAST reviews. Both Trevor and John have DECADES of wine experience which enriched our wine tour experience TEN FOLDS with the in depth knowledge provided.

MACEDON TOUR EXPERIENCE WITH JOHN:

We tasted at 2 different wineries, 1 beer brewery (due to unforeseen circumstances of the last winery) and had lunch with a glass of wine. Despite the website mentioning 4-5 wineries, and us only having 3 tastings as well as other people from their reviews, the 2 wineries we went to were EQUIVALENT TO 4-5 WINE TASTINGS ALONE. The first winery had about 18 TASTINGS. YES, EIGHTEEN, give or take, when normal tastings usually consists of 5-6 tastings. We even had the PRIVILEGE of tasting their RARE and LIMITED wine at the end! The second winery had about 10 TASTINGS, give or take. JUST from these two wineries alone, we had about 28 tastings which was equivalent to about 5-6 standard winery tastings. This is EXCLUDING the last wine tasting that had to be cancelled and replaced with a beer tasting which was so refreshing after all the wine AND THIS IS ALSO EXCLUDING the other potential wine tastings to meet the “4-5” wineries mentioned in the description (subject to availability) to which, the bare minimum of experiencing 2 wineries as my partner and i did, is already equivalent to the upper end of 4-5 wine tastings! Overall, THIS WAS SUCH A UNIQUE AND MIND BLOWING SURPRISE AND IT IS WHAT PEOPLE DON’T MENTION. All the wines were so different and unique despite having a lot (WELL ABOVE AVERAGE) from a particular winery. The advantage from this unique experience is that we are able to EXTENSIVELY and COHESIVELY taste the wines of the particularly winery and compare their different wines to one another very closely which allowed us to get to know the vineyard extremely intimately.

JOHN AND THE WINE MAKERS:

John and all the wine makers were so welcoming and we had such an intimate experience that really focused on US as we were a small tour group (me, my partner and John). John had such a great sense of humor and friendliness to him which made it genuinely feel like we all naturally became friends during the tour. The atmosphere of the tour was so fun and relaxing which made it feel like a holiday rather than a formal and serious event. This is also particularly because John have a VERY LONG relationship with all the wine makers so everything felt natural, exclusive and fun. John himself made the Macedon wine tour so memorable and he even had AMAZING recommendations for the food and wine pairing when we went for lunch which was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. BEST CALAMARI APPETIZER I’VE EVER HAD and the main course i ordered was AMAZING TOO. He has such deep knowledge when it comes to wine (including Trevor if you have him for the Macedon or any tour) and they both helped to deepen our understanding of the wine making and tasting process from the MOST basics to the MOST complex!

Thank you so much for making this such a memorable 4 year anniversary for my partner and I John and Trevor!

Date of experience: November 2023

Thank you for your very detailed review of your wine tour with us :)

Reviewed 8 November 2023

A thoroughly enjoyable wine tour which included drives to showcase the spectacular views of this area. Our driver & tour host, Trevor, was extremely knowledgeable of not only the wineries we were going to but also of wine in general and catered to our needs. Went to four wineries with exclusive tastings and delicious a la carte two course lunch with a complimentary wine and tea/coffee. Wonderfully relaxing without being rushed at any point. Have no hesitation recommending this tour company.

Date of experience: November 2023
TrevorA691, Owner at Wine Tours Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2023

Thank you so much for your great review of our wine tours. I really enjoy being out touring with all our guests.

Reviewed 5 September 2023 via mobile

Trevor gave us a fantastic day out.
He is very knowledgeable and a great conversationalist.
Is was relaxing and nothing was rushed.
Great food at Jack Rabbit with sensational views.
Tasted fantastic wines at some excellent vineyards.
Would recommend this to anyone wanting a fantastic wine tour.

TrevorA691, Owner at Wine Tours Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2023

So glad you had a nice time out with us, enjoying the Bellarine Peninsula wine region

Reviewed 27 August 2023 via mobile

Had a great day with a fantastic guide, Trevor. Three beautiful wineries, plus one for a fantastic lunch- would gladly book again!

Date of experience: August 2023
TrevorA691, Owner at Wine Tours Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2023

We look forward to taking you touring through another wine region we regularly visit being: Yarra Valley; Mornington Peninsula or Macedon Ranges