Review Highlights
Expert guides, beautiful wineries and a day well spent!

Where to start! We had the absolute pleasure of travelling with Trevor on the Mornington Peninsula... read more

Reviewed 2 January 2024
shannenlp
Sydney, Australia
PLEASE READ THIS IN-DEPTH REVIEW BECAUSE THE EXPERIENCE EXCEEDED ALL EXISTING REVIEWS.

My partner and I were celebrating our 4 year anniversary and went on the Mornington (Day 1) and... read more

Reviewed 29 November 2023
KNZOR

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Melbourne
from AU$189.00
from AU$138.00
from AU$175.00
from AU$164.50
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 May 2017

This is my fourth tour with Wine Tours Victoria - I wouldn't go with anyone else now and once again I had just the best day out, this time on the Bellarine Peninsula. Second time we have toured with driver, John - love this man! And could not fault our lovely lunch at Terindah Estate. I like it too that we stop for morning tea at a scenic location before wine tasting begins. Lugged five bottles of wine back to New Zealand, from four estates - the hardest part is cellaring them for a couple of years when you know what's in those bottles - great wine! A great tour with the loveliest of people. Super van too!

Date of experience: May 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Luke M, Guest Relations Manager at Wine Tours Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Hi Helen,
I'm so happy to hear you had a great experience touring with us again. I'm also glad to know you enjoyed our morning tea break.

I will most definitely pass your comments on to John and the team, and we look forward to seeing you again when you next visit Victoria.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

I have been on several different wine tours over the years and this company are definitely the best. I have been on all four of the tours on offer and every one has been excellent. The tours are only for small groups which gives it the personal touch and the tours have been geared to the customers preferences picking the wineries that offer particular wines to suit your taste.
This is now a must on my itinerary when visiting Melbourne each year.

Date of experience: March 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Luke M, Public Relations Manager at Wine Tours Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Hi There,
I'm glad to hear that you appreciate our small group tours, which definitely do allow us to give that personal touch as you've noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year when you visit Melbourne again.

Cheers,

Reviewed 5 May 2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about our driver and guide for the day, Melissa. Firstly she was bang on time with our pick up. Had home baked biscuits to have with our morning tea stop. Melissa took us to four lovely boutique wineries with great wine, and we even got to taste a few premium wines not on the cellar door tasting list. Lunch at Merricks was devine, relaxed and with good food. Melissa even did a little detour to the Red Hill Bakery to pick up their specialty Duck pies. It was a perfect day. Melissa became a part of our group and was so accomodating. Thank you all for a perfect autumn day with great friends old and new.

Date of experience: April 2017

Hi,
I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful time on our wine tour down to the mornington peninsula with a special stop at the Red Hill Bakery. Thank you so much for your positive comments, I will pass them on to Melissa and the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

My sister and I had a wonderful day on the Yarra Valley wine tour. The previous year we went on the Mornington Peninsula wine .tour.
The wineries offered friendly service and beautiful wines. Lunch was exceptional.
Our driver was fantastic.
Well done Wine Tours Victoria

Date of experience: March 2017

Hi Julie,
I'm glad that we were able to welcome you back on one of our tours to the beautiful Yarra Valley. Thank you so much for your positive comments and I will ensure they are passed on to the tour guide and team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on another tour with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Our experience is limited to booking and paying in advance. Unfortunately, due to the vagaries of the web booking, our expected Bellarine Peninsular tour ended up as a Yarra Valley Tour on the day the bus arrived. Having been to Yarra valley twice and only a few months past we reluctantly cancelled on the day. The worst aspect is that we have had no contact from the company since, despite sending them feedback on our experience - not even an acknowledgement so we rate customer service low and can't comment on the tour at all despite their claim to be the 'only Melbourne wine tour company that visits the wineries near Melbourne in all four of Victoria’s key wine regions'.

Date of experience: December 2016
Luke M, Relations Manager at Wine Tours Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Hi Ian,
I'm sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience with us.

The first person to book a tour for a specific date, chooses the tours destination. As you were the first, there was either a mistake or a computer mix up that resulted in the Yarra Valley tour being selected.

Once other guests had joined the existing tour, we were no longer able to change the destination for that date.

We would love to have the opportunity to turn this experience around for you. If you're ever in the Melbourne region again please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly and we will be more than happy to accommodate you on an scheduled tour. (Please mention this review when reaching out to us.)