“Dining in fine style”

Ranked #14 of 4,249 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 21 September 2017

It was my first time at the Windsor and my expectations were maybe a tad high. The doorman didn't open the door for us. Disappointment one. The grand dining room was all I expected it to be but I had thought the waiter would pull out a chair for me. Disappointment two. The rest of the visit met my expectations though. The food was beautifully presented, the service excellent. The dainty sandwiches and cakes appeared tiny but they were plentiful, and were followed by hot scones accompanied by jam, cream and lemon curd. None of us could finish our meal.We were given a glass of wine to start with and my pot of tea was large enough to fill three cups. At the end, our birthday girl was presented with a birthday cake and candle.The visit was a great opportunity to taste food I had never tried before (caviar). Maybe that was why the experience cost $69 per head. It was an enjoyable for a special occasion.

Julie D, Manager at Afternoon Tea - The Windsor Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Pomlee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this email.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all the savories and sweets on offer for your Afternoon Tea, and especially that birthday girl enjoyed our little surprise for her!

I am disappointed, however, to hear that we have let you down in the way of simple gestures to make your time with us all the more memorable. Please be assured this is below our usual standard, and will not be forgotten in the future.

We look forward to pleasure of your next special occasion with us.

Restaurant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed 11 September 2017

High Tea at the Windsor definitely a must experience for everyone! We were very impressed with both the service and the offerings. Everything was just perfect. Staff were friendly and ready to assist us with anything we needed. The food was just amazing. Thank you Windsor for a wonderful afternoon. We are already planning our next visit to you. Theresa

Julie D, Manager at Afternoon Tea - The Windsor Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so very much for taking time to share your experience.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed both the service and gourmets offerings. Your compliments are greatly appreciated by myself and the team.

We look forward to having you back here in the near future, and I am delighted to hear you're already planning your next visit!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I had looked forward to experiencing High Tea at the Windsor for a long time and was pleasantly surprised that the actual experience exceeded my expectations.
The food was delicious and the service first class.
Thank you for a wonderful afternoon.
I will definitely visit again and highly recommend this experience to all.
Sarah.

Dear Sarah,

The pleasure was all ours! I am thrilled that the afternoon met all your expectations and that we have left you with fond memories of your time here.

Thank you again for your kind compliments and recommendations, and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Beautiful food in a beautiful venue. I was very happy with the service and felt like it was good value for something nice to do of an afternoon.

Julie D, Manager at Afternoon Tea - The Windsor Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Tanya,

I am thrilled to hear that you had a lovely afternoon here with us. Indeed an afternoon filled with french bubbles and delicious savories and sweets, is an afternoon well spent.

The pleasure was all ours, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

do not eat before you go, fantastic food offering and service. particularly loved the mushroom pie, yum.

Dear Phil,

Thank you for kindly sharing your experience with us. I am so very pleased that everything was to your liking. Yes the Mushroom Pies are delicious!

We look forward to your return in the near future.