Reception staff are friendly and professional. The rooms are quite spacious, very clean and well appointed. We had a one bedroom apartment on the 4th floor.Unfortunately the windows are not double glazed, so you tend to get a lot of traffic noise from very busy St Kilda Road. The hotel is only 4 floors high, the rest of the floors are residential apartments. The lift doors got stuck closed once, but it wasn't too far down to walk.
We purchased a package deal that included a set breakfast (for two mornings). We sat down the first morning and ended up sending the food back three times. The staff were told on four separate occasions that I could not eat wheat or bread and that I have coeliac disease, and continued to bring plates of french toast and eggs on toast, even after we asked them to check with the chef about what I could eat. My daughter came with us and we paid for hers, but after waiting one hour and sending food food back they should have comped it, even if they did give us free coffee. The constant return off food and re-explanations disrupted others in the restaurant and I was ready to walk. We didn't even bother to try breakfast the following morning.
Apart from the breakfast, the Park Regis is a pleasant enough place to stay, reasonably priced and has free newspapers, with trams running out the front. Best to stay during the week rather than the weekend when most places are closed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Regis Griffin Suites is situated in a fantastic position between Melbourne’s city centre and popular St Kilda Beach.Conveniently located on St Kilda Road with a tram stop directly opposite the hotel, Park Regis Griffin Suites is the perfect choice for guests who need to be in easy reach of all that Melbourne and its surrounds have to offer. Close to Albert Park in St Kilda Road's business precinct, it's also just minutes from the Crown Casino, MCG, Chapel Street and popular restaurants and cafes.With its spacious and stylish studio, one and two bedroom apartments offering modern interiors, comfort and privacy, the hotel provides a relaxing home away from home. After a busy day of sightseeing or business meetings, unwind in your apartment with full kitchen facilities (kitchenette facilities in studios), free cable TV, DVD player, WiFi and reverse cycle air-conditioning/heating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Park Regis Griffin Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Regis Griffin Hotel Melbourne
- Park Regis Griffin Suites Melbourne, Victoria