A top notch quality Hostel in Melbourne recommend for anyone looking for a clean & budget friendly to stay. The staff is quite helpful and always willing to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
The location couldn't be better right in the city center and within walking distance to many museums,cafes,bars, transport and many other point of interest to travelers.
All Common areas are kept quite clean and inviting.
Great Wifi available Free in common areas and for a small fee in your room.
The Kitchen/ Dinning area is quite spacious for those who want to cook their own meals or a fridge to store their food.
Nice TV lounge to congregate with other travelers and watch movies TVs.
The Hostel is equipped with several shared Bathrooms/Shower areas constantly clean & with hot water.
For those in need of some entertainment theres a Basement Bar offering some sort of event or show each night. Great place to have a beer, listen to music and socialize.
The Mixed 12 bed dorm room was decent. Nothing to glamorous and the area where I would say some improvement is needed. They felt overcrowded at times and lack ventilation. It felt some of the Room mates were living there rather than simply just traveling which give the whole place another vibe. The beds were Comfortable and clean bed linen was provided. If you just need a place to crash for a few nights and aren't a light sleeper the dorm rooms work just fine. Otherwise I would suggest investing in a private room.
Overall really enjoyed my stayed at United Backpackers Melbourne and would not hesitate to stay there again or recommend it to anyone who wants a centrally located budget bed in Melbourne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and find out why travellers voted United Backpackers Australia's best hostel at the Adventure Travel Awards in 2014! It's no secret we have the best location in town right opposite Flinders Street Station and only opening in 2013 we offer you brand new facilities, heaps of sweet spaces including our funky basement bar and most importantly great value for money. Our hostel is full of personality with Melbourne's laneway culture, funky decor and quirky art throughout. All this is served up with a great atmosphere, amazing staff, cool events, top notch security and the best pillows in town! Us in a nutshell: • Accommodation for 290 travellers over 3 levels • FREE Wi-Fi in common areas • Every bed has its own power-point, reading light and locker • Sparking clean bathrooms cleaned around the clock • Designer kitchen & dining room overlooking Flinders Station with ovens and heaps of equipment, hot plates and storage • Underground Chill Lounge open 24 hours • Lost & Found our cool as, Melbourne style basement bar open 7 days • Funky TV Lounge filled with beanbags & free DVD hire • 24 Reception manned with a rock star reception team of Melbourne locals • Top class security with swipe card access, lockers in all rooms & CCTV • Cool free events to show you the real Melbourne experience • Guest laundry open 24/7 • Free luggage storage We have a variety of accommodation options to choose from so whether you are looking to share a dorm from 4 to 12 beds filled with your newest friends, or to splash out on one of our private ensuite rooms, you will find it at United Backpackers! All rooms have: • Lockers • Bedside light and power point for your charging pleasure • Lots of space • High quality, comfy beds and linen • Choose between shared or ensuite bathrooms • Swipe card access • Heating & fans (private ensuite rooms have AC) • Cleaning servicing the rooms daily ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, Agoda, Ctrip TA and lastminute.com.au so you can book your United Backpackers Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Backpackers Hotel Melbourne
- United Backpackers Melbourne Victoria