I can recommend this hostel to all backpackers who want to visit Melbourne. It's located in the CBD and next to a tram station, which are free in the CBD (also a subway station is in front of the hostel). I stayed in two different 12 bed dorm for several days. The rooms and facilities are clean and got vacuumed every day. Each bunk bed got two lockers (so one per person). The kitchen is well equipped and very big. There are free pancakes every morning as well. Also there's a bar in the basement (I can't review it, because i wasn't there). The staff is very friendly and helpful. You can also store your luggage for free in the luggage room if you're arriving to early for check in or to keep it there until 9pm on the day you're checking out. I would definitely recommend this hostel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and find out why travellers voted United Backpackers Australia's best hostel at the Adventure Travel Awards in 2014! It's no secret we have the best location in town right opposite Flinders Street Station and only opening in 2013 we offer you brand new facilities, heaps of sweet spaces including our funky basement bar and most importantly great value for money. Our hostel is full of personality with Melbourne's laneway culture, funky decor and quirky art throughout. All this is served up with a great atmosphere, amazing staff, cool events, top notch security and the best pillows in town! Us in a nutshell: • Accommodation for 290 travellers over 3 levels • FREE Wi-Fi in common areas • Every bed has its own power-point, reading light and locker • Sparking clean bathrooms cleaned around the clock • Designer kitchen & dining room overlooking Flinders Station with ovens and heaps of equipment, hot plates and storage • Underground Chill Lounge open 24 hours • Lost & Found our cool as, Melbourne style basement bar open 7 days • Funky TV Lounge filled with beanbags & free DVD hire • 24 Reception manned with a rock star reception team of Melbourne locals • Top class security with swipe card access, lockers in all rooms & CCTV • Cool free events to show you the real Melbourne experience • Guest laundry open 24/7 • Free luggage storage We have a variety of accommodation options to choose from so whether you are looking to share a dorm from 4 to 12 beds filled with your newest friends, or to splash out on one of our private ensuite rooms, you will find it at United Backpackers! All rooms have: • Lockers • Bedside light and power point for your charging pleasure • Lots of space • High quality, comfy beds and linen • Choose between shared or ensuite bathrooms • Swipe card access • Heating & fans (private ensuite rooms have AC) • Cleaning servicing the rooms daily ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your United Backpackers Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Backpackers Hotel Melbourne
- United Backpackers Melbourne Victoria