“Travelled the world and best hostel I've ever stayed in”

United Backpackers Melbourne
Reviewed 27 March 2017

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. From the rooms, to the guests, to all the little extras they do that no other hostel does they make the top of my hostel list. Things like free morning pancakes every morning, the kitchen and accessible when you need it to be, reliable wifi, front desk 24/hours, super helpful friendly staff, wicked kitchen, and the BEST LOCATION EVER.

Room Tip: perhaps stay on the first floor because you can get free wifi there
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
United_Melbourne, General Manager at United Backpackers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Thank you so much for your positive review, we are delighted to hear that you had a great time staying with us.

There are newer reviews for United Backpackers Melbourne

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Whenever I have a function or something I want to do in Melbourne I always stay at United Backpackers. Inexpensive good quality. Close to Flinders Street Station.
Friendly, helpful, considerate staff who know about Melbourne and what to do.
Even have their own free taco nights I really enjoy myself always meet new girls who have been travelling from different countries.

Room Tip: those to flinders street station are always good

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed in a 8 bed dorm. There was no window and air condition was turn off. Therefor the room was smelly and dark. Reception refused to turn on the air conditioning. Therefor the smell of 8 people who stayed in the room for couple of days accompanied me during my stay. Not pleasant at all.

There were couple of showers on the floor (3rd) so I never had to wait. They were cleanish.

There is free wifi in the common areas, but you have to pay for wifi in the rooms.

Staff seemed not to be eager to work in a hostel. But I guess for a hostel this size everything is business, even the short talk during check-in and check-out.

Would not sleep here a second time.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time here with us. I wonder if you might tell me abit more about the person from reception who refused to turn on the aircon. Its strange because all of the remote controls for the internal rooms are already in the rooms hung up on the wall. It is very out of character for anyone on our team, We very often get reviews about how kind and friendly our team are. My email address is suzie@nomadsworld.com.

Thank you for the positives of the showers being clean and that there were plenty for the amount of people on that floor.

You should come and stay with us again, I promise you wouldn't be disappointed. If you email me I could sort you out a free upgrade.

Thank you for taking the time to review us,
The United Crew.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

The location is stunning, in the heart of the city, you can easily go everywhere.
The hostel is quite big, you can always meet new people, big common space and super friendly staff.
There is a bar inside with cheap drinks but good to create the right atmosphere.
The only problem is with the free wifi..too slow...

Room Tip: good service
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
United_Melbourne, General Manager at United Backpackers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property.

We really love what we do here and are grateful that you told us we are doing good.

Free Wifi, it is slow we are currently in the process in getting new cables laid which will make all the difference. We do have paid wifi, but it is much stronger than the free one.

Hope you are enjoying your travels

The Unuted Crew.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I am leaving a review for Damon because he is a nice man and it doesn't matter if he's infertile because it's about his personality and even if he was impotent too my friend would still at least go for Mexican food with him and then just sit and smile until the Mexican food digested and then they could compare the outcome. Also I think that the negative review that someone left about there being no soap in the showers and the beds not being attached to the walls is really pedantic and they don't deserve to communicate with the likes of Damon so it's for the best that they didn't like the hostel.

Stayed: March 2017
United_Melbourne, General Manager at United Backpackers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Thank you so much for your review on Damon, his personality and of course the Mexican food.

We are grateful for everything.