So i'm a Melbourne local and I stayed here with 5 of my friends once as we were visiting crown casino. They staff are very great with accommodating me and my friends. So first off check out is at 10am. There is a bar downstairs which ive heard is very popular. The rooms are really spacious and there's luggage storage underneath the beds. They also offer to store any luggage. We found the room to be a little uncleaned as there was a few used tissues about. But we had a bathroom for ourselves to share which I wasn't expecting. You might need to bring your own towel here, This is situated right across from Flinder Street Station, and there is always people walking around so you never feel unsafe. Also there's also a large police present at the station. We did have air con which was great, there's powerpoints in every bunk. And yes this is Melbourne, everything from this Hostel is walking distance e.g. Casino, cafes, chinese food, pizza, tram stops, trains, MCG, ATM, and many Taxis. This was the first time i had stayed in a hostel, and I would recommend anyone to stay here
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and find out why travellers voted United Backpackers Australia's best hostel at the Adventure Travel Awards in 2014! It's no secret we have the best location in town right opposite Flinders Street Station and only opening in 2013 we offer you brand new facilities, heaps of sweet spaces including our funky basement bar and most importantly great value for money. Our hostel is full of personality with Melbourne's laneway culture, funky decor and quirky art throughout. All this is served up with a great atmosphere, amazing staff, cool events, top notch security and the best pillows in town! Us in a nutshell: • Accommodation for 290 travellers over 3 levels • FREE Wi-Fi in common areas • Every bed has its own power-point, reading light and locker • Sparking clean bathrooms cleaned around the clock • Designer kitchen & dining room overlooking Flinders Station with ovens and heaps of equipment, hot plates and storage • Underground Chill Lounge open 24 hours • Lost & Found our cool as, Melbourne style basement bar open 7 days • Funky TV Lounge filled with beanbags & free DVD hire • 24 Reception manned with a rock star reception team of Melbourne locals • Top class security with swipe card access, lockers in all rooms & CCTV • Cool free events to show you the real Melbourne experience • Guest laundry open 24/7 • Free luggage storage We have a variety of accommodation options to choose from so whether you are looking to share a dorm from 4 to 12 beds filled with your newest friends, or to splash out on one of our private ensuite rooms, you will find it at United Backpackers! All rooms have: • Lockers • Bedside light and power point for your charging pleasure • Lots of space • High quality, comfy beds and linen • Choose between shared or ensuite bathrooms • Swipe card access • Heating & fans (private ensuite rooms have AC) • Cleaning servicing the rooms daily ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, HostelWorld, lastminute.com.au, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your United Backpackers Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Backpackers Hotel Melbourne
- United Backpackers Melbourne Victoria