As a paying customer and previous staff member at this hostel, I can say that it's the cleanest, most spacious hostel I have stayed at during my year and a half in Australia. It's designed to accommodate lots of guests, so the kitchen area has lots of fridges, cupboard space and stove tops so that you don't have to wait long, if at all, to cook and clean. There are 3 main areas you can hang out in to guarantee comfort and space. Movie room with access to Netflix via Apple TV, "Chillax" Room with lots of space to lounge and charge your devices. Bar downstairs with great atmosphere, cheap drinks, and lots of fun events throughout the week - such as free wine and cheese night with live music on Tuesdays or Bingo night where you can win private rooms, bar tabs and more! Because of all the different spaces, this is a good hostel for any kind of backpacker - wether you're looking to party with your mates or have a chilled stay, you'll find what you're looking for. Great location, right next to the main train station and trams to get to other parts of the city. Right beside a laneway packed with amazing cafes and restaurants, and walking distance from the famous graffiti laneways. Amazing beds/pillows/duvet blankets. Filtered water tap in kitchen to refill your water bottle. All in all, cannot say anything bad, was sad to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and find out why travellers voted United Backpackers Australia's best hostel at the Adventure Travel Awards in 2014! It's no secret we have the best location in town right opposite Flinders Street Station and only opening in 2013 we offer you brand new facilities, heaps of sweet spaces including our funky basement bar and most importantly great value for money. Our hostel is full of personality with Melbourne's laneway culture, funky decor and quirky art throughout. All this is served up with a great atmosphere, amazing staff, cool events, top notch security and the best pillows in town! Us in a nutshell: • Accommodation for 290 travellers over 3 levels • FREE Wi-Fi in common areas • Every bed has its own power-point, reading light and locker • Sparking clean bathrooms cleaned around the clock • Designer kitchen & dining room overlooking Flinders Station with ovens and heaps of equipment, hot plates and storage • Underground Chill Lounge open 24 hours • Lost & Found our cool as, Melbourne style basement bar open 7 days • Funky TV Lounge filled with beanbags & free DVD hire • 24 Reception manned with a rock star reception team of Melbourne locals • Top class security with swipe card access, lockers in all rooms & CCTV • Cool free events to show you the real Melbourne experience • Guest laundry open 24/7 • Free luggage storage We have a variety of accommodation options to choose from so whether you are looking to share a dorm from 4 to 12 beds filled with your newest friends, or to splash out on one of our private ensuite rooms, you will find it at United Backpackers! All rooms have: • Lockers • Bedside light and power point for your charging pleasure • Lots of space • High quality, comfy beds and linen • Choose between shared or ensuite bathrooms • Swipe card access • Heating & fans (private ensuite rooms have AC) • Cleaning servicing the rooms daily ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your United Backpackers Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Backpackers Hotel Melbourne
- United Backpackers Melbourne Victoria