InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 184
USD 164
Book now, pay at stay
USD 228
USD 217
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 267/night.

Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 140
USD 118
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 145/night.

Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 127
USD 95
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 92
USD 79
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 179
USD 133
  • Room Service
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 175
USD 156
USD 267
USD 191
  • Restaurant
Crown Metropol Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
USD 189
  • Pool
Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 157
USD 98
  • Room Service
All reviewsfree pastafree pancake breakfastfree tramspublic transportcbd
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Do NOT stay here!! Building is old and in disrepair. Hallways are dimly lit and creepy. Lockers cost $4 a day and there are only 20 for the whole building. Some nice people, but also some seedy folks walking around too. Building wasnt very secure especially at night. The kitchen smells like the bathrooms at many other hostels, and you don't want to know what the bathrooms smelled like (that is the ones that were working). I walked into my 8-bed room and found clothes and rubbish everywhere. Sweltering hot throughout the building in the summer and no outside chill out area. Inside common areas small and people only used the tv room for sleeping. I've stayed in noisy places before but this was beyond anything I've experienced. Hostel is adjacent to the rail and tram lines and shake the building everytime they go by, which is constant after 5am. I booked three nights and tried to get a refund after my first to no avail. I gutted out a second night before moving out. Put a big damper on my first two days in Melbourne. Only positive things to say are that the folks in the travel booth downstairs were very helpful and the bar was fun despite being a total dive. Believe me you will have to drink a lot if you see have the misfortune of staying here. Please avoid!!

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Mike4567890
Michael M, Manager at Nomads All Nations Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you very much for honest feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to get back to us.
We are aware that our lovely building is over a hundred years old and are constantly having renovation and maintenance in progress. Currently we are renovating all bathrooms one by one and due to this some of them might have been closed when you were here. We apologize for the inconvenience. Also we are sorry to hear that your roommates were not very tidy backpackers. If you would have informed us how you felt we would have been able to help you out and have a chat to them. Our staff procedures are to clean the room daily, but we are not allowed to touch guests belongings.
We are happy to hear you had good fun with travel girls and the "dive of a bar", which is loved by all backpackers coming here for its great atmosphere and cheap drink specials!! :-)

Happy travels!

Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our last night in Melbourne so we could catch an early train. Didn't need our alarms as got hardly any sleep due to near constant noise throughout the night and no obvious noise policy. Parties in corridor to all hours.

Whilst noise depends on sometimes unthinking fellow occupants the hostel facilities were below par too. No signage on arrival to indicate reception is upstairs. Staff were indifferent and luggage room was full so had to keep luggage with us room available. Room was very basic. Price points for private rooms in hostels these days not much different to better equipped budget hotels. Main issue with accommodation though was filthy bathrooms and toilets. We put up with it for one night due to the convenience and lack of other options but wouldn't want to have stayed any longer.

• Stayed: January 2013

Hey, thanks a lot for taking the time to share your opinion on our lovely backpackers.
Our night staff have procedures in place to keep noise to a minimum. Sometimes it just takes them a minute to get up on the floor top control fellow backpackers. Being based in the center of the city obviously bring public transport noise with it, however next time you're here come and see reception for some free earplugs. :-)

Happy traveling!

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Not worth your money!!
I stay for 3 nights, bathroom was putrid, there was blood on floor near a toilet and was there for my whole stay! Place itself is run down, stairs creak terribly and corridors and long and echoey: not good when trying to sleep!. Some rooms and bathrooms a walked past smelled horribly of urine. My room itself was directly above the bar, which was noisiest on Saturday night. The beds themself squeak n creak every time person rolls over (top or bottom) and bed makes me want to scratch at my legs all night, another girl I met also thought this, said she has stayed in many hostel but this is not good. Pillow was useless, to point where I went and bought my own to save damage to neck/back!
I had one nice person in dorm, others were rude and kept the light on while I try to sleep (and not 9pm either, until 1am!) they would not open door if I forgot card and knocked and no hellos from them.
Most workers were friendly enough and were happy to help, one youngish man that working nights while I stayed, seems to run place, was very rude, I stood at desk and was ignored until I spoke. I gave him feedback about some things (in nice way) and he did not care at all.
Will never stay here again! There are a lot better places for same price, please shop about before make choice of this place!

• Stayed: November 2012

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We are very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself while you were here in Melbourne.
Since you stayed here, we have made significant changes and renovations to the hostel. We are still currently in the process of finishing off all our bathrooms, but they are a lot better now. We also have more cleaners on a regular basis to keep things spick and span.
I am sorry to hear your room mates where less then accommodating for you. Our staff pride themselves on being a friendly bunch and i'm glad you found most of them friendly, and i'm sorry you found our night staff member less than helpful.
Thanks again for your feedback, we hope to see you again in Melbourne so you can check out the changes we have made.

Muchos Gracias

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I’ve never left a review before, but this was quite honestly the worst hostel I’ve ever stayed in..

-The building is as old and dated on the inside as it is on the outside, so long echoey corridors with noisy wooden floors, which means you can hear _everything_ going on in the corridor from your dorm. What makes it worse though is they play music in the corridor during the day, but really loudly and through really tinny speakers meaning if you’re chilling in your dorm during the day or trying to sleep all you can hear is the annoying tinny music like it’s right next to your head. I was sleeping in one day (worked until 4am) and asked them to turn it down which they said they would, but I don’t think they did.

-The bathrooms are disgusting. They look and smell like they haven’t been washed or refurbished for decades. They really reminded me of those really gross old public toilets that you find in parks that have been there for years. The toilets on my floor were ‘closed for maintenance’ on my first day too, so no other toilets on that floor.

- The first night I went to cook, I was waiting in the kitchen for a pot as they were all being used. It was only after waiting for about 15mins that someone said you need to pay a deposit and get one from Reception. Fair enough, but there are no signs saying that, and no-one told me at check in. I did point this out to the guy at reception when I went to get a pot but he didn’t seem at all interested in my feedback. Thanks for wasting some of my evening..

- Burnt my hand twice on the shower on our floor as the old fitting on the hot tap gushes out hot water which you then have to touch to be able to turn the tap off.

I didn’t spend much time in the hostel but it seemed whatever I tried to do there something would always go wrong. Some stuff is just common sense, you’d think if you ran a hostel you’d notice some of these things or listen to feedback a bit more! Honestly, very surprised as this was the first Nomads I’d stayed in and I thought they were meant to have a good name. Really disappointing. Plenty of other options around the CBD for the same price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank petebeast

Hey there, thank you very much for your honest and constructive feedback. We highly appreciate that you took the time to give such a detailed review.
We are happy to inform you that since you have stayed here over 6 months ago most of the points you have mentioned have been changed. We are running a big renovation project at the hostel to keep our charming old building as beautiful as it was a hundred years ago ;-) We have implement strict cleaning procedures and improved the signage in the hostel.
We hope to see you again & show you what we've done since you've been here.

Happy travels! :)

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I paid for a twin room almost $100 and it had no curtains and the light from the street shone in all night until the sunlight took over in the morning and could not change in the room as anyone across the road or going past in the train could see straight in the window. The pillows were standard for a hostel and about 1 inch thick there was a bunk bed a bin and one chair in the room and the only really good thing about the place was there was a warm Dooner/Duvet and clean sheets which is just as well because their did not appear to be any heating in the room either. Got almost no sleep between the train the tram going past the window and the club and traffic below I got maybe about 2 hours sleep and then I had to strip my own bed and take the linen to reception.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Hi, thank you for sharing your view on Nomads All Nations Backpackers with us. We apologize for the fact that you did not have any curtains in your private room. All private rooms are equipped with curtains and in that case we can only assume that there must have a problem with it when you got here. We can assure you all of the rooms now do have curtains. Being based right in the city center is great on the one side, but unfortunately, comes together with a high noise level, which we cannot influence. Next time you're here come and ask our great reception team for some free earplugs and that will secure you some good sleep :-)

Happy travels!!