“Great Lunch”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Delicious Rendang beef, perhaps the nicest I’ve had. Quick and friendly service.

We were sat at the bar to start with. Bar staff were friendly and engaging. After a little while a table came free and we were moved.

There are lists of interesting dishes to look at that other people are having.

The lunch crowd were a good mix and it felt good for a quick business lunch or friendly catch up.

Would visit again.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,655)

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

OMG Chin Chin first time at this restaurant and super impressed! Atmosphere staff service food location ten out of ten ! I loved the way the waitress marked the popular dishes for us on the menu as it was I first time ! We of course ordered too much but loved every course the champagne was icy cold (we ordered bottle) . My favourite was the vegetarian spring rolls not we expected but delicious! It came out on a platter and you made your spring roll up with warmed rotti wraps ! Selection of pumpkin sprouts carrot fried tofu lettuce ect and a delicious sauce as well ! Crab fried rice sashimi and a curry fish all great ! Probs could have not had sashimi as too much ! 80s music in background which I love ❤️ as just made the atmosphere! Highly recommend Chin Chin if you have a group I would book as you can wait a bit for a table but I tell you I never quewe but I would for this !!!!!

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Visiting Melbourne for a long weekend this was a 'must do' on my list of places to visit. Lucky my friend also told me you had to arrive at 5 if you wanted to be seated straightaway.
Service and food was excellent with great recommendations from the staff. We had the mushroom spring rolls for entree with barramundi, sticky pork and diy tofu rolls for main. It was far too much food for us but ABSOLUTELY delicious (particularly the Barra). Drinks were fabulous too, the coconut and seasonal fruit blended drink was very refreshing. We sat at the bar overlooking the kitchen which created great entertainment and atmosphere for dinner! Highly recommend visiting Chin Chin, can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We were told that you couldn't book and you had to line up to get a table. We went around 5-5.30pm and there was already a pretty decent sized line. It moved really quickly and before we knew it we were booked in (2 hour wait for our table) and sitting at the bar downstairs drinking an amazing Gin Cocktail! That 2 hours passed quickly probably due to the cocktails and bar snacks.
I would like to start by saying, excellent service, great venue and atmosphere but the star performer of the night wasn't the guy dancing with his broom while he was cleaning or the one singing behind the bar whilst making cocktails it was the amazing food!! We had an entree of Salt and a Pepper Squid and Chin Chin Pork Rollups. I had the Rendang Beef with Roti! It was so delicious, fresh and the servings were really generous!!
I hope I get a chance to come back to Melbourne as I would love to try the "Feed Me" option!!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

It was an after show dinner we wanted and were delighted with our experience! Chin Chin staff suggested we have a drink downstairs at the Go Go bar while we waited for a table upstairs. However we loved the vibe downstairs in particular the friendly staff. So we grabbed a table and enjoyed really delicious food. Our thanks to Eida (not sure of spelling) who went out of her way to recommend taste sensations.