I stayed at this hostel 5 nights and after a long flight from Singapore, I wasn't impressed with the place and with the service.
Here are the things I didn't like:
1 - The hostel is a bit far from the center and it's difficult to find shops and restaurants near by.
2 - You are only able to do your check-in at 2 pm and if you arrive very early (say 10 pm), and you want to leave your luggage at the hostel while you go visit the town center, they will charge you for a locker.
3 - My room wasn't very clean and the bathroom on my floor was filthy.
4 - The reception staff wasn't very helpful and nice.
In short: For the price you pay at this hostel I'm sure you can find better hostels in Melbourne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melbourne Metro YHA is a modern hostel located on the city fringe in leafy North Melbourne. This hostel is your relaxed home away from home that's only minutes from famous Queen Victoria Markets and walking distance to all the major attractions - the best of both worlds! Facilities include a tour desk for all your tour and transport needs within Victoria and Australia, free Wifi Hot Spot (Wifi Plus option also available), fully equipped self-catering kitchen, communal lounge areas, launderette, secure car parking (subject to availability - $10 per day) and DVD's for hire. Enjoy the rooftop with panoramic city views as well as a BBQ and lounges perfect for socializing and meeting fellow travellers. Each room is heated and comes with lockers and an individual bed light. Bathroom facilities are shared. Guests can choose from a range of bed types, including 4 and 8 multi-share, twin/double rooms with optional en suite, and family rooms. We can also book groups of up to 120 people, ideal for schools, sporting groups and international exchange programs. Within the hostel there are always lots of great activities on including movie nights, Safari Pete travel auctions, free comedy, wine & cheese nights and a great weekly pub crawl! Activities are updated regularly so check with our friendly reception to see what's on and to get the best local tour and travel advice. Talking about what's on, Melbourne is the events and sporting capital of Australia! Getting around is simple with a free map and MyKi cards available for purchase at the hostel reception. A tram stop is located just 500m from the hostel and the $5 Melbourne Visitor Shuttle Bus stop is only 5 minutes walk which loops Melbourne's best attractions. Take advantage of the cities vibrant events calendar including the Spring Racing Carnival, Australian Open Tennis, AFL matches, Melbourne International comedy festival, Melbourne Fringe Festival, Melbourne Festival, Melbourne Cup and year round markets, live music, film, food, art and fashion activities and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Melbourne Metro YHA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melbourne Metro Yha Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Metro YHA Victoria