Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 115
USD 94
Radisson
USD 240
USD 230
  • Pool
Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 105
  • Room Service
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 102
USD 91
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 97
USD 66
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 84/night.

Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 146
USD 128
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 197
USD 166
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 176
USD 129
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 145/night.

USD 207
USD 176
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Crown Metropol Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 195
  • Pool
All reviewserrol streetcommunal kitchenshaving creamno liftvictoria marketbudget hoteltram stophand soapminute walklaundry roombody lotionmini fridgefree tram zonefamily roomair condouble roombeds were comfortable
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Rooms and bathrooms are pretty small but the price made it worth while. The Front desk staff was incredible and very accommodating. Very pleasant to deal with. Hotel has pay laundry and a common kitchen. Book early to get a great price. When I return I will stay here again. Walking distance to CBD, grocery store, coffee shops, banks, Costco, 7-11, the market and many others. Hotel has some free internet and fridges,coffee,tea in room.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with the window open ask for a room that doesn't face the center courtyard. birds are very noisy
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank JillMarch2012
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Not an ideal place to stay during winter, otherwise great for other seasons and if you travel solo. If you travel with a partner or friend the room may be too small. Spacious if you are alone.

I genuinely think that wake up calls should never be manual but through an automated system. First day my wake up call did not happen, another day my 2nd wake up (snooze which i requested) also did not happen maybe because the staff already did the first call and did not bother with the 2nd. There was a power shut down on one of the nights and it lasted for an hour..

Pros:
-near victoria market and 10min direct tram straight into CBD
-room and toilet are very clean (kudos to the housekeepers)
-staff are helpful and polite
-basic amenities and towels are well supplied and replenished with daily housekeeping
-a detailed set of instructions in how to get around is given upon check-in

Cons:
-they are SO stingy with electricity that the heater switches off automatically in night so you have to phone the recep in the night to turn it on for u
-heater or aircon cannot be adjusted by yourself but you have to call reception to adjust or to turn on
-hot water is pathetic.. you can never balance the hot and cold tap because the power of water is either one or the other
-wifi pw needs to be collected everyday
-no elevator, DIY with big luggages
-wake up call is manual (controlled by humans) and not via a robust system.
-the thick blankets they use are not suitable for people with sensitive nose

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
SomersKel, General Manager at Miami Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for your review.
I'm sorry you didn't receive your wake up calls, we too would love an automatic system, however as a small property, with an old phone system it's just not doable at the moment. Hardly any one uses in-house phones these days, so to update the system just for this option seems pointless. However, the staff member who missed your calls has been spoken to, as they were clearly listed on our call sheet.
There is heaps of hot water, and generally we get really positive feedback about this. Having a hot and cold tap and not a flick-mixer can take a bit to get used to if you are not used to it.
Our cleaning team are amazing, and take great pride in presenting clean rooms, thanks for noticing.
The brief power outage was a result of another guest, using one of their own appliances, which was faulty and incorrect voltage. It blew up a power point and took out a section of rooms, we could only turn the power back on once electrician had deleted power point so we knew it was safe to turn the power back on.
The Air Conditioning / heating is centrally controlled, and the team are happy to adjust any time 24 hours a day. They are turned off for a few hours during the night, as our rooms are small and based on guest feedback they get too hot during the night if they are left on all night (while people are sleeping) Guests can let us know to leave on all the time and we are happy to do this.
We clearly advertise our lack of an elevator, so whilst I can apologise for this, we try our hardest to ensure people have this information prior to booking with us.
Our budget accommodation, compact, clean rooms, city fringe location and friendly team suit a broad range of travellers.
For the most part we get it right, I'm sorry in this instance it appears we didn't.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

the room was clean and tidy with everything we needed. Staff were friendly and so helpful. shower pressure was amazing and beds were comfortable. Our room was cleaned every day and coffee and milk topped up. Close to everything and an easy walk to town

Stayed: July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
It sounds like we ticked the right boxes and you enjoyed your stay!
We hope to see you again soon.
Kel

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Only spent one night here as it was a pick-up point for a very early tour. Love that the bathroom is en suite and there was a mini walk-in pantry/wardrobe. Mini bar was a little noisy at night, but just closing the closet door helped immensely. I must praise the staff that was on duty that night - Nathan. Was super helpful, extremely approachable and had great initiative. Only issue was that it is at least a 15 min walk from the North Melbourne station. Otherwise, great choice!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks for your feedback.
We have a fantastic team, and I'm glad you found us appropriate for your short stay.
We hope to see you again... City access is great using the 57 tram which is only a 4min walk from the Hotel, we are a 10 min walk to the FREE ZONE which starts at the Queen Victoria Market.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Great location, less than 15 minutes walk to Victoria Markets, similar distance to Melbourne CBD. Near to tram line if you don't like the walk. The room I stayed in was large. Has fridge and a kettle, cups, coffee and tea supplied. Large bathroom, soap and shampoo supplied. Room was clean. All staff I met were very helpful. It has free wifi. Also has cheap easily accessible parking (need to book this though). For a budget hotel, in this location, it is excellent value. I'll probably stay here next time I'm in Melbourne.
On the downside: the bed is actually two beds pushed together, with a join in the middle that needs to be avoided for a comfortable sleep (this is the only reason I can't give an excellent rating for this hotel). It doesn't have an elevator, as other reviews have mentioned, but this wasn't much of a problem to me (I was on the second floor).
Only other issue I should mention, not all rooms are the same size. When I first arrived I was offered room 16, on the first floor. It really was too small. There was hardly enough room to move around the large bed, let alone store luggage. It really was ridiculous. The problem was no problem to management though, they simply offered me a better room the next day (and charged a $30 "cleaning" fee to change rooms). I suspect that room 16 is the only ridiculous room they have, so as long as you avoid that one, you should enjoy your stay. I did. And I would recommend this hotel to anybody planning a stay in Melbourne.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple