Review Highlights
Iconic shopping mall of Melbourne

Heard that this is an iconic shopping mall of Melbourne, so we went inside . Surprising, we... read more

Reviewed 16 February 2023
DCDC33
Singapore, Singapore
via mobile
Lack of Staff

There was no one at the handbags area to serve and all the Radley bags were chained up - you can’t... read more

Reviewed 29 January 2023
Grace C
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Melbourne
from AU$62.00
from AU$43.00
from AU$35.00
from AU$39.60
More Info
All reviews christmas windows david jones ur staff middle classes shopping destination melbourne institution bourke st retailing apparel murals merchandise role buskers
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Great variety of shops, choices galore. Shopping has changed in Meyer, lots of variety in clothing and other shop including speciality stores. Links in well with what is on offer at
melbourne central

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

The story theme running through the windows is lovely and a must see for children .. it's a tradition and the story changes every year with a new storyline .. loads of crowds lined up to see it.. it's free and u just walk through the windows reading and seeing the story unfold along the way ...

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank MohammedS964
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Took the family to see the Xmas display, very well thought of display so much work must go into it, the only down side is the line up to see them, so many people there which is to be expected. kids enjoyed it but we went during the day this year I think it is much nicer at night but still well worth the visit

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank Seaside638477
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

What a great Myer. Has all your Xmas needs. Great shopping lots to choose from. The Xmas displays are fantastic

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 22 October 2016

I still recall going to the basement sales in Myer when I was 16 and the exciting rush of being there discovering the sale items. Over the years, it's always remained an institution in Melbourne... at some time in our lives, we have all visited the windows in December to see their famous displays.

This week, I was hoping to purchase Christmas cards early in an endeavour to be organised this year. Myer did not let me down. I caught the number 96 tram to the Bourke Street Mall and headed towards Myer. As I stepped into the Beauty department I was overcome with the heady scent from the perfume department. I am always bemused by the staff in this department... who never think to approach people outside of their image of who should wear their perfume. I was slightly tempted to stop to see what was on offer, but recalled that my cupboards at home were filled full of delights from my duty free shopping. So I moved through the store before I found an approachable staff member to ask if the cards were available this early.

A delightful lady sent me to the sixth floor. On arrival at the floor, I felt like I had walked into an area I was not meant to be (It was cluttered, like a working project)...but still I walked through because no-one stopped me and arrived at a corner that clearly was ready for Christmas. With childish delight, I stared up at their stunning Christmas tree displays. It felt almost naughty being there so early. I wandered around the department being delighted by what was on offer. I found the cards, couldn't make choices so I took five packets. ( Did I mention they have a great range of charity cards ---the money goes to charity from their purchase) When I finally found what I came for, a staff member approached me. A lovely young Malaysian woman whose delight about working in the department shone through her. I asked her about a decoration on a tree, which she located for me. I ended up leaving with decorations as well as cards.

I left Myers after spiralling down their escalators and wishing I had arrived in Melbourne for a shopping trip instead of business training!

Date of experience: October 2016