Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Ways to Experience Princess Theatre
from USD 488.72
More Info
All reviews harry potter spring street stage musical intermission cast production play height australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We would have liked to have known prior to going Matilda that the seats that where we were located on the 2nd level 1st row to the right . Were best suited to dwafs, little people, elves , pixes, gnomes and premature children, Our friend who is quite tall had to leave half way through the show from the cramping in his legs. I had an asthma attack and could barely move my legs and feet the mixture of perfumes and aftershaves intertwining with no fresh air or movement to dilute the thick air was overwhelming. When we asked if the aircon could be turned on they told us we could go to the bottom level in lesser seats. Most of the people in our area were sweating or fanning themselves and the lack of legroom made it a truly uncomfortable and awful experience . So choose wisely if you are an adult more so if you have long legs are plump have asthma or just like to be comfortable enough to enjoy the show. Really disappointed and will be trying to get our money back Turned a good little show into a really horrible night

Date of experience: September 2016
5  Thank Kate L
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

What an amazing venue from an era gone by. The decor has been retained to keep the original charm. Although there are a huge number of stairs to climb to the Grand Circle, the view of the stage is worth the effort. We took our Grandchildren to see Matilda. They were enthralled by both the show and the venue

Reviewed 29 August 2016

The Princess is something over 100 years old and still beautiful but the seating in some areas is just awful and I'm sure something could be done about it. We were in the top section, front row, and there's just no leg room at all, horribly uncomfortable. While the website points out some restricted viewing I don't think there's any mention of torture chairs. Also the drink prices were absolutely ridiculous. The show, Matilda, was fantastic and people tend to go to whatever theatre their chosen show is at, and I certainly recommend Matilda. Just be careful where your seats are!

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Went to the Princess Theatre last week and saw Matilda, was fantastic well worth going to, Princess Theatre needs a bit of a revamp seats are a bit to small as well.

The restaurant at Princess Theatre very good we had coffee and cake afterwards very enjoyable

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

We booked tickets to go and see Matilda which we cannot fault, it was an incredible show. What was disappointing were particular staff members. My son is 5 and obviously quite small. He was given a cushion but due to the person in front of him being rather tall he was unable to see. I asked the staff member on duty if we could have another cushion as he couldn't see and she said they had a policy of one cushion per child. I could see the huge pile of cushions behind her but she stuck to her rule meaning that I had to sit him on my knee for the whole performance. I understand rules but also common sense prevails. If it was a 12 year old asking for a heap of cushions then yes but a five year old who is struggling to see. I think they need to review their policy or ask their staff to be a little more forgiving.

3  Thank Rebecca N