“Pleasantly suprised”

Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank
Ranked #53 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I was really pleased with our room. The bed was comfortable (more than some expensive hotels I have stayed in).
The room has a microwave, kettle, fridge, cutlery and crockery.
We ordered from Soprano's and it was delivered right on time (fantastic meal too).
The location is great, we were going to a concert at The Sidney Myer Music Bowl and it was less than 10 mins walk.
Had a buffet breakfast in the morning, which was yummy and the cafe latte was really nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
TBSK3006, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thanks for your positive feedback - It means a lot to the team here at Travelodge Southbank! I hope you enjoyed your concert as much as you enjoyed your stay with us. My self and the team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Great location on south bank, access to crown casino is good. Great selection of restaurants close by.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

The hotel is in a fantastic location and whether in Melbourne for leisure or work it is walking distance to most of the cities fabulous attractions and only a short walk across the river into the CBD. I look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Southbank in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as the first nights of our holiday. This is the best Travelodge I have ever stayed in - clean, nicer rooms than your usual UK Travelodge, friendly staff... Just what you need. It's a great location too, just off the Southbank and a quick walk over the bridge to Flinders Street station and Exhibition Square. If you are just looking for a base in Melbourne and don't want anything glamourous from your hotel then this does exactly that. 5 stars for what it is....

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind feedback and I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Southbank. I will be sure pass your compliments onto my team of whom I am very proud.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Very comfortable room, and great location but it was the staff that really made all the difference on this visit. My friend became unwell, and the front desk staff called an ambulance, then rang the room to assure us that it was on the way, and ask if there was anything they could do to help while we waited. Later that day I received a phone call from the staff saying "I see that your friend went to hospital overnight - how is she & can we do anything to help?"

When I ended up needing to stay an extra night, it was no trouble, and every time I came in from the hospital, the front desk staff would ask after my friend. Getting sick at any time is not pleasant but it becomes significantly more stressful when you are away from home, and your normal resources and supports. Thanks to the Travelodge Southbank staff, I had a few less things to worry about at this time. I will definitely be going back, and would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
TBSK3006, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

I do hope your friend is feeling better and I look forward to welcoming you and your friend back to Travelodge Southbank in the near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with friends, we had three single beds in a room and it was good value. Location was great - walking distance to city, shops and restaurants. Staff were friendly and helpful. The only thing I got caught out on was not booking my airport transfer 24 hours earlier with reception (but that was my fault). The staff referred me to the telephone located near reception which you can dial and speak directly with the airport shuttle bus company to arrange hotel pick ups.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
TBSK3006, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments with us. We know you have
many choices when it comes to lodging and hope you will continue to choose
Travelodge Southbank for your future travel needs.