Jasper Hotel
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 163
USD 103
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 137
USD 112
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 131/night.

The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 179
USD 170
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 199
USD 108
  • Room Service
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 127
USD 77
  • Room Service
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 141
USD 112
  • Fitness centre
Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 136
USD 114
  • Room Service
The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 293
USD 177
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 207/night.

Crown Metropol Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 278
USD 184
  • Pool
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 90
USD 63
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 71/night.

1,162 results
All reviewselizabeth streetvictoria marketgreat locationtram stopmelbourne centralfree tram zonefree wifiboutique hotelbreakfast was includedinner citystayed for nightswould stay againpublic transportfoxtelconferencetoiletriesminibar
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Jasper in January and it was perfect for us.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stay here regularly and whilst it is not perfect it combines some great points - great location just next to Victoria Market, comfortable and clean rooms (especially the suites), and excellent value for CBD Melbourne. The staff are generally very helpful and the meal/room service is adequate. Parking is offsite but good value and I have never had an issue with this although I prefer onsite parking. Funky colouring and decor but it is not a putoff for me.

Room Tip: MUST stay on the MArket side not Elizabeth St side if you want a good sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Ossabucco, General Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Hi AndrewwwGeelong... fantastic to read your comments, thank you! No doubt the Jasper's location next to Queen Victoria Market is a winner whilst our contemporary look and feel hits a positive note with many of our guests. We feel we are good value, especially when you consider the attentive service our team of people give. Appreciate you taking the time to write and look forward to welcoming you back to the Jasper! ...Tony

Reviewed 9 February 2012

We had arrived at Jasper early and were told by a male reception staff member that our room would not be ready until well after 2pm. Check-in is from 2pm. We signed the necessary paper work, were assigned our room on the top floor and left to have breakfast in the lovely JAPSER restaurant. At 12.30pm we took a chance that our room may have had a 'rush put on it and be ready. (Though other people were checking in as we arrived back at reception), we told our room wasn't ready, though lovely Anna moved us to a room that was ready - on the top floor.
The top floor - well what can I say - the drone of the air conditioning system on the roof permeated the room constantly and no doubt all the top floor rooms. There was no relief. The room itself was delightful, modernly furnished and a good size. The bathroom was a good size but I have to say the tiles in the shower recess were disgracefully mouldy on the floor and walls. I travel considerably for my work and this was the worst I'd seen in a 4 star establishment. I eventually complained about the air conditioning noise and the bathroom issue to reception. My complaint received attention and we were not only moved to another room the next moring we were given a free breakfast. This is hospitality at it's best. The second room we were meant to move to was behind the elevator and obviously noisy (and the shower recess was no cleaner) so we declined that room and settled very nicely on the 6th floor in a room away from the street. Again the shower recess cleanliness was below standard and apart from the top floor noise issue, is the only thing that really lets the hotel down. Having seen three bathrooms in the one visit and each being as filthy as the other, it is obvious the cleaners to be checked and rooms randomly reviewed to ensure the 4 star standard guest expect. It is strange that everything else was clean. No matter what a guest ends up paying for a room at the Jasper, cleanliness should not be a compromise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street no higher than the 6th floor and not behind an elevator. If you don't have a problem with noise then any room is fine!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Ossabucco, General Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Hi rebecca50... Many thanks for your comments. Naturally I am not overly thrilled to read of your bathroom experiences and have taken these up with our Housekeeping Department. Whilst there have been some changes in this area recently, it nonetheless does not excuse the apparent issues you had for which I do apologise. The Jasper has an exceptionally good record and reputation in all respects - your housekeeping issues are definitely the exception which are being addressed.
I am pleased though that our Reception Team very capably led by Anna, did the right thing and their best to look after you. As you so rightly pointed out, this is what hospitality is all about.
My thanks for your comments and letting us know. They are appreciated and I do trust we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Jasper when next you're in Melbourne. ...Tony

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I have fond memories staying here! Travelled down for work. Had a thousand things go wrong and they helped every step of the way.
Was relaxed, friendly and happy to return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Hi OutandaboutAus... I really appreciate your review, thank you! No doubt whatsover that our team of people at the Jasper are our greatest assets. Absolutely delighted they went out of their way to assist - it's what we all enjoy doing here. It will be great to welcome you back to the Jasper when next you're in Melbourne.
Thanks for taking the time to comment! ...Tony

Reviewed 31 January 2012

The location is good right by the QV Market, but if you're there on a nightmarket night you could be treated to the sounds of some very loud bongo drum buskers until the late hours of the night as we were.
Overall I thought the hotel was fine, but what I did find odd was the lobby indicates botique contemporary chic but then when you get to the room you find that's actually more English B&B circa 1970. There's interesting room features like the hot pink glass on the bathroom wall, but then there's an old brown blanket at the end of the bed. Also the black ceiling does make a small room feel even smaller.
If you're looking for some of the famous and fabulous Melbourne restaurants then head down to Brunswick Street, we enjoyed two excellent and very reasonably priced meals at the Veggie Bar and Little Creatures Dining Hall.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi sunny88sydney... I do hope you went to the Queen Victoria Night Market when you were staying at the Jasper - it's a truly great expereince, especially if the weather is nice! Naturally everyone in the vicinity will hear the music and so forth, but for one night a week over summer it's not too bad. It's all over by 10pm courtsesy of Council regulations.
Appreciate your comments though and glad you found our hotel a little different! Very flattering calling is chic! the Jasper is in a great location as you said, with so many wonderful eateries close to hand. That's Melbourne for you! Hope to see you back ...Tony