“Luxury at it's best.”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #3 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We wanted to try the best after having stayed at the Promenade and Metropol (all owed by Crown) so we lashed out and we were very happy we did, from the minute we arrived we new we had found luxury at it's best right here in Melbourne. We requested a room high up with a view and we were given a beautiful room on the 28th floor with views spanning the Yarra river and city, the room was spotless with nothing left to the imagination, the bath had a T.V. at the end so you could lay back and watch your favorite show and when we returned at the end of the evening there was a bottle bubble and chocolates waiting for us. The next morning we had a marvelous banquet breakfast before heading off. the staff were great, helpfull and polite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as possible with a city view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Colin M

Reviewed 4 February 2012

My husband and I extended our honeymoon by staying one night in our own neck of the woods - in the Crown Casino, Melbourne. If you're new to the area, make sure you ask the taxi/driver to take you to the hotel entrance. If you have your own vehicle, the cheapest parking was $10 for 24 hours (multi-level car parking), but you will have to walk the whole length of the huge building to find the hotel section (just follow the signs to Crown Towers once you're in the building, not to Metropol coz that's different accommodation). We booked ourselves in and found our way to the room. The lobby is huge and so pretty, with fresh flowers in the centre of the lobby under a giant chandelier and more fresh flowers at the elevators. The whole feel of the walk to the rooms leaves you feeling like you're in luxury - even the hallways have a warm feel about them! The city views were also very well positioned throughout the building. We got to our room and it took us quite a while to work out the lighting system and freaked out a little bit because the TV was left on and thought we walked into someone's room! But don't worry, it is deliberately left on the hotel's info channel. We got the King Deluxe room and it was so spacious! There are two chandeliers in the bathroom and a double glass door to get in there! Oh it was nice!
The one downside was that while sitting in the bath, I could hear every word that a guest was saying on his mobile phone right outside our door. Freaky! I'll add, however, that when walking down the hall toward our room, we heard that there was a party going on in the room next door, but we couldn't hear anything once we were in our room. Thank goodness!
We also went down to the cocktail lounge in the lobby and that was fabulous. Jazz playing softly in the background and a delicious and exotic cocktail menu. My hubby ordered a beer and declared it to be his favourite. I felt like a martini but they didn't have the classic cocktails on the menu so I tried one that was similar, only it had orange in it instead of orange. It was very tasty and I'm glad I had the opportunity to try something new. Staff was great there too. Ooh! And I nearly forgot - housekeeping visited our room while we were at the cocktail lounge (called the Waiting Room) and we got little chocolates. They were so tasty!
It did surprise us that the TV was back on though?!?!
In all, for one night, it was a lovely ending to our honeymoon :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lady_Lilly-M
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed for one night the week before Christmas, received a great deal with room and crystal club access, well worth the money. We enjoyed our time sitting in the outdoor area of crystal club in the sunshine. The service is would you would expect in a 5 star hotel, courteous, polite and willing to help. The location is great with so many top restaurants and bars to choose from. It was especially nice with the choir singing Christmas carols in atrium.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed here for two nights in an Executive Suite, and it was awesome! The suite was spotless, bathroom luxurious, views stunning... The bed was super comfy, everything was top notch, we couldn't have asked for more (actually check that, where's my bottle of bubbly on arrival? Better bring that up chop chop!) The room service was first class, both the food and the staff were fantastic. Breakfast in the conservatory was delicious mmmm mmmm. So, with Melbourne and all it's cultural delights right on your doorstep, I would recommend this place for sure!!!

Oh the casino was a bit stinky, but I'm not a gambling girl so no big deal for me....

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KateMeredith33
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Very nice 5 star room,as you would expect it to be for $350 a night and thats the Wotif price.My husband was very ill,but we were unable to defer or cancel with these people.The bath took half an hour to fill.The crystal club happy 2 hour- service was extremely slow and you can only get 2 drinks in in 2 hours,due to this.Snacks were minimal,mini frozen party pies being one of the main choices.Not very personal,with lots of couples sitting about,waiting for their drinks and no possibility of a private or intimate conversation to be had.At breakfast the coffee took 15 mins to arrive after ordering.
And my biggest complaint would be -DRESS CODE.There should be one for this hotel.I really object to the fact that most of the women make an effort in their best and the men just walk alongside in their thongs,shorts and T shirts.Would it be too much for them to dress nicely for an evening.I notice the casino also doesnt seem to have a code,either. Australian way,I suppose!
Veiw to die for,though from twenty something floor !

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

I am sorry for the delay with filling your bathtub. We’re investigating solutions for this currently and expect to have this improved in the not too distant future.

We pride ourselves on the service experienced by our guests at the Crystal Club and I am very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations in this area. It seems you may have been here over a particularly busy period, but that certainly does not excuse lengthy delays. This area is generally very quiet and offers the intimate experience that you were expecting. Your comments have been shared with the team, for their attention.

As for the dress code around the property, we endeavour to police this in areas where it’s considered reasonable for us to do so however this is an issue that sometimes extends beyond our control, as I am sure you can appreciate.

Kind regards,