Since it's a family trip, we were looking for a place that can accommodate 4 people in a single room so we decided to stay at Quay West and I'll tell you, you won't be disappointed. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment, which basically is a two units with one 1-bedroom apartment and another typical studio bedroom that were connected at the front. This arrangement though doesn't give you that "true 2-bedroom" experience, but the living room of the 1-bedroom apartment is large enough for all of us to have our little space to do work/eat/watch TV.
The rooms were obviously looked after well. Unlike other "serviced apartments" things like tea/coffee/soap and even washing detergents are replenished on a daily basis. Beds were made everyday.
The views from the rooms we booked were also great. You can see everything from the MCG t the West end of the CBD. Access to the hotel from St. Kilda Rd was a bit difficult due to the redevelopment of the Arts Center nearby but it was non-issue at all. We head to the city most of the time via the Plaza and through the subway under the nearby Flinders Station and this walk is absolutely one of the liveliest walk ever given that it doesn't rain.
Other things you may need to know before hand:
- Gym: small, a bit below average with a few cardio equipment and 3 weight machines.
- Internet: no Wi-Fi in my room
It won't take long until you mistakenly tell your Melbournian friends your home is just in the Southbank Waterfront.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quay West Suites Melbourne is a 5 star apartment style hotel overlooking the Yarra River. Offering a choice of one, two or three bedroom guest accommodation, the hotel is ideal for business travellers, family holidays or a romantic getaway. Quay West Suites Melbourne provides easy access to the CBD and local attractions such as Federation Square, Royal Botanic Gardens, Crown Casino, Southgate Arts & Leisure Precinct, Melbourne Aquarium, fashion boutiques, restaurants and cafes. Newly refurbished mineral salt pool, steam room and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Otel, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Quay West Suites Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quay West Suites Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Melbourne
- Quay West Suites Melbourne Victoria