Lowest prices for your stay
AU$238
invers76
Melbourne, Australia
Great location
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Feb 2024via mobile
Fantastic customer service, easy check in, clean and tidy room, would come back. Car park next door and great Buffett breakfast. There’s clearly been an upgrade since we were last here, bathroom is small but functional. The online check in and check out makes things super easy.
Date of stay: February 2024Trip type: Travelled with family
0.5 km from Rydges Melbourne
Bar/Lounge
2.4 km from Rydges Melbourne
View more hotels in Melbourne
All reviews newly renovated hotel home away from home hotel restaurant bed and pillows buffet breakfast restaurants and bars great location fantastic stay city renovation fridge chinatown gym bedroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2024

All good except very noisy airconditioner ( room 2004 ) rooms are clean and recently refurbished . Bar, pool area and restaurant great as were the staff. Location excellent close to restaurants and theatre. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Denzel O'Meagher, Other at Rydges Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2024

Hi There,

It's heartening to know that you had an overall enjoyable experience with us, appreciating our clean, refurbished rooms, bar, pool area, and restaurant. We're also delighted that our staff fulfilled your expectations and that our location was convenient for your plans.

Regarding the noise from the air conditioner in the room, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We're thrilled to hear that you would recommend our hotel and hope to welcome you back in the future for an even better experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2024

Best location ever. easy check in/out and the staff are all amazing and will help with anything. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and quiet. will be returning for sure. Also had the buffet breakfast and no complaints there. the Rydges is walking distance to great shops., restaurants and entertainment.

Room tip: there are parking bays out front, park check in and then the drive to car park right next door. very secure parking.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Sandra405,

It's truly delightful to read your positive remarks about our hotel's location, service, and amenities. We're thrilled that you found our rooms spacious, comfortable, and quiet, and that our staff members were able to assist you in every possible way.

Your kind words about our buffet breakfast and the proximity of our hotel to shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues are greatly appreciated. We are glad that these aspects of your stay contributed to a wonderful experience, I will be sure to share this with the rest of the team.

We eagerly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 20 February 2024

To be honest I'd actually booked the wrong hotel but by the time I'd realised it was months to late & TS was coming to town so prices went through the roof so I sucked it up... (I booked May 2023 for the Matchbox 20 concert)

For my $800 over the 2 nights (Friday & Saturday) my Twin room was tiny - may as well shared a queen bed with my friend the beds were that close & the bathroom even smaller.
The beds WERE Super Comfy & I absolutely loved my pillow so much so I fell asleep straight away.

Breakfast was included in our stay & there was quite a good selection BUT when we checked in for breaky we were asked we'd like coffee I said yes & my friend said she'll have tea & she was promptly directed to the tea station. I ordered a second coffee & only had 1 on the Sunday. Imagine my surprise when I checked out Sunday that I owed for coffee - cheeky sneaky that's what that was - my friend said there was coffee near the tea station but every other place I've stayed at a "flat white" was included. I did email on my train ride home to share my disappointment but got no response.

Look over all the stay was good, the staff were lovely, bed was comfy & they even supplied the braclet things for the Swifties to make each day (nice gesture). It's at the top end of Bourke St, there is a Woollies about a 1 min walk for snacks & drink, the Theatre & China Town are across the road but personally I wouldn't pay that much again to stay there for what I got..

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi MissFee1970,

Your detailed review is sincerely appreciated. We're glad to hear that our bedding and pillow offered you a comfortable night's sleep and that you found our staff to be lovely. Also, it's wonderful to know you enjoyed the convenience of our location and the variety of our breakfast.

We regret to hear of some aspects that didn't meet your expectations. As for the coffee charge, we sincerely apologize for the confusion. We strive to make all aspects of our hotel clear and transparent, and we regret if this wasn't the case for you.

We also note your comments about the room size. It's unfortunate that it wasn't what you expected, but we're happy to hear that it didn't hinder you from enjoying your overall experience.

Your feedback is highly valuable, and we will use it to continue refining our services. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future and show you what we are about.

Many Thanks.

Reviewed 19 February 2024

Stayed overnight for Taylor Swift. Staff were super friendly and accomodating, stored our luggage for us when we arrived early and organised complimentary drinks when our room was not ready later for check in (due to super busy weekend). Very close to everything we wanted to do.
Hotel was very quiet once in the room which was amazing considering it was booked out.
We had a corner king room, freshly updated. The most comfortable hotel bed that I’ve ever slept in. Spotlessly clean. We didn’t spend much time there due to short stay. Local VIC wine and spirits in the mini bar.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Denzel O'Meagher, Other at Rydges Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2024

Hi Cj,

Thank you for your delightful feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you found our staff friendly and accommodating during your stay for the Taylor Swift concert. It's great to know that you appreciated our efforts in making your visit as comfortable as possible, such as the provision of complimentary drinks and luggage storage. Also, we are glad to hear that you found the room quiet and comfortable. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and attention to details like local VIC wine and spirits in the minibar. It's wonderful to know that these features enhanced your stay. Finally, we hope that your evening with Taylor Swift was as enjoyable as your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards,
Ishira Rambukwella,
Duty Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2024 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend with my daughter. The service was exceptional - staff were very helpful with requests . Would highly recommend. Great location - close to shops, MCG and theatre. Couldn’t fault anything. Would definitely stay again next time we come to Melbourne.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello There,

Your generous comments about your recent stay with us are greatly appreciated. It is delightful to hear that our team was able to contribute to a memorable weekend trip for you and your daughter. We are indeed very fortunate to be in proximity to a range of local attractions.

It brings us immense joy to know that you are already considering your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Kind regards.