“Good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 156 Hotels in Melbourne
Clifton, New Jersey
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

This was a good option for Melbourne. The hotel was very typical of a Radisson: clean, comfortable rooms, affordable rate, nothing too extravagant but suited our needs for a few nights' stay. While the location isn't necessaily CENTRAL, it is walking distance into the heart of the city and it is centrally located to some of the cities' attractions such as Victoria Market and Flagstaff Gardens. In the park across the street (Flagstaff Gardens), there are possums that will walk right up to you. Completely harmless and kind-of cute but rare for an American to see... Also, on the top of the hotel is the fitness center and spa. There is no pool and the jacuzzi is very small and in an oddly-closed off room but there are glass windows which overlook the park and city which was nice on a cold day ... Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Awesome stay with friendliest staff. Not only front office but the house keeping staff were excellent as well. on our second day housekeeper knocked our door for service and he talked so nicely. we had five minutes conversation and then we left. when we came back at night our room was serviced so nicely. it was like we are the king and our room was serviced specially. never received service like these before. everything was so arranged and bed was like somebody ironed it. in the bathroom all our amenities were nicely arranged on small towel. i don't remember exactly his name but he was tall and slim indian guy. real wealth of radisson.

Room Tip: Rooms are not too specious but enough for two people.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

From the minute I arrived the staff were exceptional. I was coming from a study tour in Melbourne, very casually dressed as I had been walking a lot that morning. Staff saw me struggling with my bags on the steps and came out to assist me. The room was as expected, beds comfortable (twin singles as a friend came to meet me), a pillow menu and plenty of space. The rooftop spa was well appreciated in the evening, as was the bath the next morning. Loved the buffet breakfast and wifi. But the staff were the key, always helpful, friendly and polite. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: A room facing the gardens would be nice, but I didn't spend any time looking ou the windows, so...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

For the price we payed, I was largely underwhelmed with the accommodation we got. As I am quite young, we were not treated as well as we should have been at check in. The staff looked frustrated with us and made a clear point of telling us only two were allowed in a room - no extra. It's these kind of generalizations, that young adults need to be told rules more clearly than other guests, that put you off a hotel from the very commencement of your stay. Other than this we also received a call on our in room phone at approximately five in the morning which was irritating. We assumed it was a wake up call that called the wrong room. Other than this our stay was acceptable, the bed was nice, the room was warm, the breakfast was lovely and the location was fine. So overall mixed responses to our stay.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ALoGiusto, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson on your recent visit to Melbourne.

Please accept my apologies that you felt your arrival experience was not up to our usual standard. I will personally follow up with the team member that checked you in to the hotel and can assure you that we are not discriminatory in relation to any of our guests.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and look forward to sharing your rating and comments with my team. I hope that we will see you again when you are next in town.

Regards

Anthony LoGiusto
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

I stayed at the Radisson for one night purchased on wotif.com as a mystery hotel. I was very skeptical as I have been caught out before. From the moment I walked through the doors the staff were welcoming and attentive. I often find in the larger Hotels that reception staff look at there computers or complete paper work before acknowledging your presence, which I find quite rude.
My room was clean with a comfortable bed and spacious bathroom.
I ordered room service and the staff were very happy to accommodate my dietry requirments by changing some of the ingredients - the result was great.
The Radisson is located very close to the City Circle tram which made it very easy for me to get from one end of town to the other with no hassle.
Overall I was extremely happy with my stay and would highly recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo