Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Booking.comUSD 114
Hotels.comUSD 101
Official SiteUSD 114
eDreamsUSD 114
CheapTicketsUSD 101
PricelineUSD 114
3,435 results
All reviews parkview hotel cricket ground st kilda albert park buffet breakfast tram stop a city view room full buffet chapel st room service comfortable beds public transport great place to stay easy access great room cbd spa
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2019 via mobile

This hotel has one of the best and friendly staff that I have ever come across in australia.... special mention for Ashleigh and Katelyn... they helped me retrieve my lost rings and provided excellent service and a heartwarming welcome when I was there as a guest. Amazing keep up the good work.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 753sadafs
Carl F, General Manager at View Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2019

Dear 753sadafs

Thank you very much for the amazing review and for singling out Ashleigh and Caitlin fot the service the gave you. they are some a couple of our stars here at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 July 2019

Room was a good size and service from staff was very good. Had a party going in the room across from us for two hours. Did report to reception, but this didn't deter them. Had very little sleep as the party goers arrived back early in the morning.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Paradise61431546636

Dear Paradise

I am pleased you enjoyed the staff and good sized room and I am truly sorry for the disturbance from other guests during your stay. For a family travelling it is really unacceptable to be woken up by individuals who lack respect.

I have addressed this with my team and installed some extra protocols to ensure rare incident is dealt with immediately in the future.

Paradise once again please accept my apologies.

Reviewed 3 July 2019

I was in Melbourne for a work trip which was located at a nearby school so the location worked well. My walking was impaired as I've recently had surgery but under normal circumstances the location would be a nice 20 minute walk in either direction: to Chapel St or Fitzroy st for an abundance of cafes and restaurants. I ubered everywhere and it was fairly cheap to do so.
I was located on the 9th floor so the bed was very comfortable as all beds on the 9th floor had been recently replaced. I found the aircon a bit noisy even when i turned it off.I was surprised to find that my room wasn't completely cleaned one day-maybe the housekeeper was called away and forgot to come back?
There was not a great variety at the breakfast buffet but it was ample. The coffee machine was quite slow to work and always had a queue of people.
The service was terrific, particularly from those on the desk who were always quick to help with any requests; and those in the cafe who always seemed worked off their feet!
we had drinks in the hop garden on a couple of nights-that was pleasant.
My only disappointment was the gym situation. I was hoping to use it for my rehab and told that I was located right next to it. Well the door was right next to it but when you opened the door there was a stairwell! you had to go up 2 flights of stairs to get there! surely there's another way but no.

Room tip: 6th-9th floor for new beds!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Angelba

Dear Angelba

Thank you very much for your great review and so pleased you enjoyed the service and location of the hotel. I really enjoyed reading your comments and the areas we need to improve on I have shared with my team. I do agree with you that the gym is in an odd location and I am looking at some options as we slowly go through and upgrade.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 11 June 2019

Loved everything about this hotel...except the bed. Staff were friendly and welcoming, room was clean and we had a nice view. Unfortunately our bed was way too soft and my poor husband's side had a downhill sloap that kept him awake the whole night. We're regular travellers to Melbourne but I'm not sure we'd risk another stay here in case we copped another bad bed :(

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Missy J
Carl F, General Manager at View Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2019

HI Missy J

Thank you for your review and so sorry you had a poor experience with our beds. I am pleased to tell you we have completely replaced the beds on floors 6 to 9 with a new luxury brand that offers lumbar and 5 layers of foam to offer amazing comfort. We have received fantastic feedback from guests. We are replacing the other floors over the next few weeks.
Missy we would love an opportunity to welcome you back so the heading on your review can then read "Great Hotel, Great Bed.

Reviewed 10 June 2019 via mobile

I stayed here whilst visiting family at local hospital. Was very convieniently located, well priced with specials for hospital family, discount breakfast and free parking. Buffet breakfast nice, although some appliances not working properly. Rooms spacious
and well appointed. Very clean.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank catcod

Dear Catcod

Thank you for the amazing 5 star review on the hotel. and appreciated you pointing out the items that didn't work in your room. These have been fixed and I worry for the inconvenience.