Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,598 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2019

I should have paid attention to the other reviews. This is a really dated hotel which feels more like a Comfort Inn or Econo Lodge rather than an Intercontinental. Yet it is incredibly expensive. No water in the room, poor furnishings, a very sad looking shower, sink was clogged. Intercontinentals used to be Luxury Hotels but the brand has been watered down. The only thing that has stayed with the brand is luxury pricing. There must be several cheaper and higher quality options in Melbourne. I would avoid this hotel.

4  Thank RudyRoe
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2019

Hi RudyRoe,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments about the condition of our hotel, the unavailability of water in your room, and the sink just to name a few. I know how inconvenient these issues were and I am very sorry. This is definitely not the InterContinental life that we wanted for all of our guests and I will make sure to let our team know about your concerns for necessary improvements on our end.

I would also like to follow up on your experience that is why I sent you a private message. I hope you can respond at your soonest available time.

Mike F.

Reviewed 23 August 2019

My wife and I stayed at IC Melbourne and thoroughly enjoyed our experience.
Check in at the club was great and my Ambassador status recognised.
Stayed in the Fitzroy Suite and found the room excellent with great amenities and functionality.
Staff were excellent throughout the premises with a special shout out to the club staff and in particular the club manager who took extra time to chat and ensure our stay was pleasant.
Breakfast, afternoon tea and canapés/drinks were of a good standard.
Market Lane bar has a great range of whisky which I was informed is the largest in Melbourne.
Overall a great stay and our go to when staying in Melbourne.

2  Thank SRS65
Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel on the 16th of August 2019. While I was at dinner at Crown a staff member had given unauthorised entry to a person into my room. When I returned I found $600 missing and a cologne worth $140

The duty manager ‘Mark’ was very defensive of his staff, protective and very abrupt! The next morning when I was checking out the duty manager then ‘Samantha’ was very understanding and mentioned how serious the was and was very polite and a breath of fresh air compared to the previous night’s experience. The matter had been reported to the police

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank 364asha
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2019

364asha,

The Intercontinental experience must include nothing but the best in the hospitality industry. You're certainly not supposed to worry about service lapses nor inefficient staff. I'm sorry your experience was less than luxurious. To properly attend to this, I deemed it necessary to inform the hotel of your experience. I trust their capacity of taking the proper steps to ensure everyone gets a smooth sailing stay. I have also sent you a private message to follow-up on this matter.

Thank you for you review, and I hope our paths cross again so we can provide you with a much better experience.

All the best,

Joel A

Reviewed 18 August 2019 via mobile

Stayed over the weekend for our anniversary. Welcomed at the front door by the concierge and helped bring our bags up to our room which made for a great first impression.

As it was our wedding anniversary they upgraded us to a room on the top floor and gave us a bottle of prosecco. This made us feel very welcomed.

Staff were always friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is amazing and all the facilities are great.

The market lane bar is sensational with a great selection of food and a large drink menu.

Highly recommend this hotel and we will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank zep21
Reviewed 18 August 2019

I booked the hotel to stay with my daughter on a special 10th birthday. We went to check in at 2pm and was advised the room wasn't ready. We went out to lunch and returned at 3.29pm to be told the room still wasn't ready. I said this wasn't good enough because it was now 3.30pm and the room should be ready. We wanted to use the pool before we headed out that afternoon. Magically the room became ready in a few minutes. When we went to the pool area we were greeted by an apple core near the spa and a piece of chewing gum. Which ever guest left these there are pigs, but regardless, the hotel should be monitoring the pool area regularly for dirty towels and rubbish. The hallway to the room had dust along the carpet edge, dirty glasses. It appears the front of house staff are doing their best, but there is a complete lack of cleaning staff doing their job.

1  Thank Leeanne S
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2019

Hello Leeanne S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We want to settle you the soonest possible and I'm sorry that the room wasn't ready when you arrived. I hear your discomfort due to the poor upkeep of the pool and the hallway. What you describe is not the brand standards that we live up to.

I shared this with our hotel management and they've responded with a genuine concern towards what transpired during your stay. I'm positive that appropriate actions will be taken so better service will be sorted out from the team.

We're hoping to host your stay again whenever you're in the area and we'll show you our commitment to providing an exceptional experience!

Kind regards,