Lock in great prices from these sites
StayForLong
Hotels.com
Travelocity
2,598 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2019 via mobile

The hotel is good and the brand is good. I’m a frequent guest to this brand and I’m an ambassador member.
But the restaurant where it serves breakfast I was there for dinner and my table saw two rats running around the restaurant floor. The staff, receptionist, said it is an old building and they can’t do much about it. Try to say this to the hygienic department! Since we never had any meal at the restaurant nor the downstairs bar.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank cklais
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2019

Hi cklais,

Thank you for leaving a candid review and we value your loyalty.

The InterContinental is known for delivering luxurious and sophisticated guests' experience, but I'm sorry that your dining experience was a letdown. I was alarmed by your feedback and how our staff has replied. I have informed our management about this and would like to know more that's why I sent you a separate message.

Looking forward to your response, our Ambassador Member.

Kind Regards,

Hazel A.

Case Closed.

Reviewed 30 June 2019 via mobile

Sadly I have to concur with a number of the recent reviews which flag a number of concerns. Overall this hotel is not complete reflection of the IC brand , certainly when compared to properties in Asia.

The property is located on the southwest end of Collins street this is more the business than social end of the city. While the hotel is in a 1800’s era building the vast majority of the rooms give no sense what so ever of the age of the building.

We found staff to be professional and polite, even when dealing with a significant mistake made with the initial reservation. That resulted in some time wasting after check in but was dealt with relatively quickly. Staff are the strength in this hotel.

The rooms are somewhat dated, the junior suites are essentially just a bigger room with the same furniture as is found in lower level rooms. This just serves to make the room seem empty and poorly laid out. The food and beverage was well done and managed. Market Place bar does good cocktails.

Overall not the right choice for a couples weekend. Stay up the other end of Collins Street.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JamesCowcher
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2019

Dear JamesCowcher,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto and for sharing your experience with me.

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations regarding our rooms and the hotel building. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Be assured that I will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. Despite our shortcomings I am happy to see that the service of our staff was still appreciated.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments!

Best Regards,

Ben W.

Reviewed 29 June 2019 via mobile

What a fabulous place to stay!!! Concierge amazing and very knowledgeable. Room beautifully presented and very clean. Breakfast was amazing, so much to choose from and fantastic wait staff who were very welcoming and approachable. The heritage building is beautiful and looking up from Alluvial the view is stunning.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Casamore
Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

I stayed here on a recent work trip and it was a thoroughly pleasant experience. By far the best of a trip covering several Australian cities.

The restaurant breakfast choices were exceptional and the service and staff were extremely professional, and pleasant.

Reception staff and concierge couldn’t have been more pleasant or helpful and the room was very well appointed, clean and a delight to stay in.

This hotel has just gone to the top of my preference list in Melbourne and is a convenient and easy two block walk to southern cross station if you’re using the sky bus to/from the airport.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JasonP1126
Reviewed 15 June 2019

We were looking forward to staying overnight at the InterContinental Melbourne, as we've previously stayed at other IHG properties, and have loved the hotels. Sadly, not so for the InterContinental Melbourne. The exterior architecture is beautiful without a doubt, however there is little warmth extended once you walk through the doors of the IC. I really dislike writing negative reviews, and unfortunately we found the staff to be less than warm and friendly, it was all very clinical, not a great start! Once you enter the lift to go to your room, the decor and charm of the hotel is sadly lacking, the hotel needs a good makeover. The room itself was a reasonable size (I'm unable recall what type of room we had), the usual amenities were provided, the bathroom was small and dated (in my opinion), and the king size bed was of a standard sleep quality. On a positive note, the windows in the room were double glazed so we didn't encounter any street noise. The hotel is within a reasonable location, close to Southern Cross train station and there are trams outside the hotel in Collins Street. On a final note, each person's review is subjective, as we all have varying degrees of expectations from the hotels we stay at! In this instance, we would not consider the InterContinentlal Hotel Melbourne as our choice of stay in Melbourne.

Date of stay: May 2019
3  Thank AmeliaJac
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2019

Hello AmeliaJac,

We hold on to our pledge to rewarding our patrons with exemplary experiences. Thank you for your review.

Long-lasting and superb impressions are what we want our guests to have about us, and I'm afraid that you'll remember on a bad note. I'm sorry that you weren't happy with the size and condition of the bathroom, and that you were disappointed with the service of our staff. We pride ourselves from having staff members that uphold the spirit of True Hospitality.

The comments of our visitors are very much welcome. I went ahead and relayed yours to our local management. Please believe that your experience will keep on driving us to fix our areas of opportunity and continue to strive for the best results.

I'm happy to know that you found out property clean. I hope that you'd allow us to prove that we're committed to providing the glamour of Intercontinental Life.

Best Regards,