The service from the start to the finish of the checkin is a delight to be involved with but that's where it ended. I was surprised at how small the rooms are and who was the person who thought putting the TV on the side wall? It just doesn't work! Even the way you place the furniture indicates it doen't work and why at night when you turn the bed down do you only leave one bottle of water when there are two names clearly staying there. I have heard of saving money but really put two in or don't worry it just makes the hotel cheap. The swimming pool are wasn't inviting the Spa didn't work the pool was warmish but a little on the cold side as it was a freezing day. The out door garden was amusing I do not believe you use the herbs from there as it is so overgrown. I was also told by a staff member that you bring the food in precooked so I guess that explains it. We were locked out of our room after our swim. The maid said not my problem call. Call who she ran away I found the phone outside the lift called down and was told to come down. As I had wet hair and was in a gown this wasn't an option, So why did I have to argue for someone to unlock my room which my keys wouldn't open. This took over 30 minutes. Service? HMMMMMMM. So would I stay there again? I doubt it, it was small, dark, noisy and not the most pleasant 5 star experiecnce I have had in a Melbourne 5 star. But hey we are only 2 people who stay every couple of months so we are nothing to a hotel like this but I wouldn't recommend it usnless you want to pay for extra's that are automatic at the other hotels. Pity as the building is stunning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as one of the world’s hottest and best new hotels by both Conde Nast Traveler and Wallpaper* magazines, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is a fascinating example of the city’s fusion of old and new. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto represents the resurrection of one of the city’s last remaining examples of 19th Century Victorian Gothic architecture into a timeless and inspiring luxury hotel. Its city centre location on Collins Street is at the heart of the laneways, attractions and experiences that give Melbourne its international appeal. Behind the Gothic façade is a sleek yet intimate hotel that is home to two very different bars – the Bluestone Wine Lounge and the Market Lane Bar – and a variety of dining establishments, including Alluvial Restaurant and Guy Grossi’s exciting new venture, Merchant. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto has also teamed up with Shannon Bennett, providing valet parking for his new Vue de monde restaurant on the 55th floor of the adjacent Rialto building. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto’s warmth and exceptional service belies its size, with more than 250 guest rooms across two soaring wings, including a stunning collection of suites as well as the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge and facilities for premium guests. The hotel’s rooftop is also a destination itself, home to the kitchen’s own market garden and beehives, the Scandinavian-inspired swimming pool and the glass-encased fitness centre overlooking the Melbourne cityscape. Also available is the luxurious candle-lit East Day Spa offering east-meets-west treatments and therapies. Before guests arrive, they can take advantage of the concierges’ passion and Insider knowledge of the city. Chief Concierge, James Ridenour and his team are the key to authentic experiences of the real Melbourne and everything the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel Melbourne
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto Victoria