What we expect from a five star hotel. Nothing stood out but everything was well done. I had a drink in the bar on my own and the staff were welcoming and friendly. The rooms are small but modern and clean. The television positioning is mentioned regularly on tripadvisor but is okay to watch from bed. The rooms face into the central area of the hotel and I was a little disappointed you could not go out onto the small balcony but I understand why. We went on the tram car restaurant which was a short walk or taxi (weather was typical Melbourne in winter). Good location for restaurants, trams, Etihad stadium etc. The blinds are fantastic and the room dark at all hours meaning a sleep in was assured. We didn't eat in the restaurant but the breakfast downstairs was okay but cramped when inside the hot food area. The front desk staff were attentive and the bell desk always smiled and offered assistance. Overall a good stay and we would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as one of the world’s hottest and best new hotels by both Conde Nast Traveler and Wallpaper* magazines, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is a fascinating example of the city’s fusion of old and new. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto represents the resurrection of one of the city’s last remaining examples of 19th Century Victorian Gothic architecture into a timeless and inspiring luxury hotel. Its city centre location on Collins Street is at the heart of the laneways, attractions and experiences that give Melbourne its international appeal. Behind the Gothic façade is a sleek yet intimate hotel that is home to two very different bars – the Bluestone Wine Lounge and the Market Lane Bar – and a variety of dining establishments, including Alluvial Restaurant and Guy Grossi’s exciting new venture, Merchant. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto has also teamed up with Shannon Bennett, providing valet parking for his new Vue de monde restaurant on the 55th floor of the adjacent Rialto building. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto’s warmth and exceptional service belies its size, with more than 250 guest rooms across two soaring wings, including a stunning collection of suites as well as the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge and facilities for premium guests. The hotel’s rooftop is also a destination itself, home to the kitchen’s own market garden and beehives, the Scandinavian-inspired swimming pool and the glass-encased fitness centre overlooking the Melbourne cityscape. Also available is the luxurious candle-lit East Day Spa offering east-meets-west treatments and therapies. Before guests arrive, they can take advantage of the concierges’ passion and Insider knowledge of the city. Chief Concierge, James Ridenour and his team are the key to authentic experiences of the real Melbourne and everything the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Wotif.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel Melbourne
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto Victoria