Let me start by saying that I stayed with my brother, who is a very regular client so we were upgraded to a corner suite whch was amazing, so this may have a lot to do with our enjoyment of the hotel.
But in saying that we were so well looked after. I loved the concierge, they helped us with any little thing my 7yo daughter and I needed, while my brother was at work. Suggesting a great restaurant for our dinner and giving us free chocolates from the shop next door.
The hotel is in a fantastic position within 5 minute walk from the train station. Trams and buses outside your door.
The pool, gym area is lovely. The room service was good. Breakfast beautiful.
A bit of confusion getting a remote that would work and also having the room made up but not a big deal.
We had a late afternoon check out which really helped with the relaxing.
The room was so big and they brought in a rollaway for my daughter no problems for us. We did only pay for the 2 double bed room but I have stayed in them before and they are nice too.
All up I loved this hotel and would definately stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as one of the world’s hottest and best new hotels by both Conde Nast Traveler and Wallpaper* magazines, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is a fascinating example of the city’s fusion of old and new. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto represents the resurrection of one of the city’s last remaining examples of 19th Century Victorian Gothic architecture into a timeless and inspiring luxury hotel. Its city centre location on Collins Street is at the heart of the laneways, attractions and experiences that give Melbourne its international appeal. Behind the Gothic façade is a sleek yet intimate hotel that is home to two very different bars – the Bluestone Wine Lounge and the Market Lane Bar – and a variety of dining establishments, including Alluvial Restaurant and Guy Grossi’s exciting new venture, Merchant. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto has also teamed up with Shannon Bennett, providing valet parking for his new Vue de monde restaurant on the 55th floor of the adjacent Rialto building. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto’s warmth and exceptional service belies its size, with more than 250 guest rooms across two soaring wings, including a stunning collection of suites as well as the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge and facilities for premium guests. The hotel’s rooftop is also a destination itself, home to the kitchen’s own market garden and beehives, the Scandinavian-inspired swimming pool and the glass-encased fitness centre overlooking the Melbourne cityscape. Also available is the luxurious candle-lit East Day Spa offering east-meets-west treatments and therapies. Before guests arrive, they can take advantage of the concierges’ passion and Insider knowledge of the city. Chief Concierge, James Ridenour and his team are the key to authentic experiences of the real Melbourne and everything the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Priceline, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel Melbourne
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto Victoria