I have read a number of the reviews on the hotel and agree with some comments made but all in all we had a great experience at the Intercontinental. I found the staff friendly and helpful, the concierge desk was able to point us in the right direction for dining and shopping with a map provided. The check in was prompt and easy and our luggage was brought to our room quickly. We also liked the remote control blinds, the history of the building and the way it had been converted to accommodate the hotel. Our only gripe - we agreed that the main restaurant was chilly - too chilly for evening dining (thank goodness for Merchant tucked away just off reception). We also felt breakfast was expensive compared to other hotels even for a continental option but the food was nice. I also agree that some aspects of the breakfast buffet needed replenishing with more enthusiasm and more promptly but this didn't detract from our overall stay and it is certainly a great place to use Priority Privilege vouchers. The room and bed were comfy and having a normal shower instead of the over the bath affairs that you see in many Crowne Plaza's was a bonus (would have just preferred the setting wasn't on the dumper option instead of the wall option as I got caught out with that). All in all, I would stay here again and who really needs a room with a view when most of the time you are just there to sleep - appreciate the history of the place and take time to look at some of the old photos and plans. We also took advantage of the business centre which had free internet access and can sometimes be better than bothering with wifi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as one of the world’s hottest and best new hotels by both Conde Nast Traveler and Wallpaper* magazines, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is a fascinating example of the city’s fusion of old and new. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto represents the resurrection of one of the city’s last remaining examples of 19th Century Victorian Gothic architecture into a timeless and inspiring luxury hotel. Its city centre location on Collins Street is at the heart of the laneways, attractions and experiences that give Melbourne its international appeal. Behind the Gothic façade is a sleek yet intimate hotel that is home to two very different bars – the Bluestone Wine Lounge and the Market Lane Bar – and a variety of dining establishments, including Alluvial Restaurant and Guy Grossi’s exciting new venture, Merchant. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto has also teamed up with Shannon Bennett, providing valet parking for his new Vue de monde restaurant on the 55th floor of the adjacent Rialto building. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto’s warmth and exceptional service belies its size, with more than 250 guest rooms across two soaring wings, including a stunning collection of suites as well as the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge and facilities for premium guests. The hotel’s rooftop is also a destination itself, home to the kitchen’s own market garden and beehives, the Scandinavian-inspired swimming pool and the glass-encased fitness centre overlooking the Melbourne cityscape. Also available is the luxurious candle-lit East Day Spa offering east-meets-west treatments and therapies. Before guests arrive, they can take advantage of the concierges’ passion and Insider knowledge of the city. Chief Concierge, James Ridenour and his team are the key to authentic experiences of the real Melbourne and everything the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel Melbourne
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto Victoria