I have just finished a 5 month work contract in Melbourne, where the Grand Mecure on Flinders Lane was my home away from home. The rooms were comfortable, clean, well equipped and newly renovated in a tasteful style. Small kitchenette allowing you to prepare light meals.
All rooms have the same decor, even to the point of the same photos in the same places in each room - so that even though I usually had a different room on a different floor, I felt at home and knew exactly where everything was.
The staff were friendly and would often have my stored luggage waiting and waiting at the concierge desk for when I checked in. From time to time, I experienced room upgrades. If ever there was a problem (which was exceedingly rare), the staff were very professional and provided more than adequate solutions.
Location was perfect - short walking distance from supermarket, eateries, public transport and everything else you might need. Key plus was the close proximities to several well-known Melbourne laneways.
Only downside was that the rooms and decor were a bit dark (mainly black finishings) - but that was just a minor thing.
Highly recommend, and will stay here in the future for business or private travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane was completely refurbished in September 2011, when it celebrated its 90th anniversary. The refurbishment design philosophy drew inspiration from the early "fashion house" days with a view of creating an expression of sophisticated elegance, through an individual design concept that would remain unique to The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane. The result has turned this "all suite" apartment building into a market leading boutique hotel. Presented is a contemporary range of sophisticated one bedroom suites that infuse modern design philosophies with the architectural and historical heritage of the building. Archival Melbourne scenes are displayed in the black and white artwork that adorn the corridors, evolving into a celebration of Melbourne's modern icons throughout the suites. With the retention of the original detailed cornice and architraves, blended with contemporary designer furniture and fittings and modern state of the art appliances, the change is exceptional. The sophisticated colour palette is the key design element, from charcoal European bathroom tiles, contrasted by the white, chrome and glass designer fixtures to the use of dark veneers, stainless steel, leather and stone throughout the design.New Guest Features include The Courtyard which is a European inspired inner city escape that provides guests with an intimate courtyard garden to share a drink with friends or to simply relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the city. While the days of fashion are well in the past at 321 Flinders Lane, those looking for a fashion experience will not be disappointed with The Sebel Melbourne's Flinders Lane location. Ideally located between Elizabeth and Queen Street, it is in close proximity to Melbourne's shopping, and entertainment district with the added benefit of having Melbourne's famous cafe culture and the iconic Flinders Street Station right around the corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Flinders Lane Apartments Hotel Melbourne
- Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Hotel Melbourne
- The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane Victoria