Lowest prices for your stay
AU$139
Priceline
AU$139
AU$121
Get rewarded with One Key
3,103 results
All reviews pensione hotel shoebox room southern cross station great location rooms are small spencer street short stay crown casino the ground floor double bed sky bus tram stop public transport would stay again one night stay min walk etihad stadium
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2023

Best “just need a place to sleep” I remember. All the basics I needed. At first I was concerned about being in the centre of the hotel with a window out into the hall but it meant no street noise. It did mean some light leakage overnight with no curtain capping. When someone is showering in the room above it can be noisy but it’s easily tolerated. The bed is quite firm however I slept with no discomfort. None of these are complaints; they are observations for others to consider.

Date of stay: November 2023
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 22 November 2023 via mobile

Excellent location, Convenient for walking around the city and main transport is 3-5 minutes away. I lived on the first floor in a room with a balcony. there was no view of the street, but this did not matter since I only spent the nights at the hotel. Friendly staff.
Many of the city's important attractions are within 20-30 walks or a couple of tram stops

Room tip: It was cold at nights, I visited Melbourne in November. everything you need is in the room (hairdryer, kettle, iron, shampoo and towels).
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2023

I just loved this hotel, especially its staff! David on front desk has years of experience and a ‘can do’ attitude.l found the room excellent; comfy bed, tv/ Wi-fi, and very clean. Its proximity to Southern Cross coming from the airport was fabulous & then taking the train out to the Eastern suburbs ( or actually anywhere) so convenient. It also was surprisingly quiet for a CBD hotel . We’ve booked over xtmas too!

Room tip: Just go there it’s great
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2023

Do not stay here! The only thing good to say was that it was clean.
Parking is a disaster - one cannot even drop off luggage without risk of death from busy street.
Zero eating availability on premises and eateries nearby are horrible.
The bathroom door is broken.
The shower us a joke.
The room so noisy from nearby train and street noises that it makes sleep non existent.
Heater / air conditioner broken.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2023

I always stay here on my visits to the city, and the hotel is clean and comfortable, and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
I also value the position of the hotel, as a single woman travelling alone, it is easy to access by public transport, and in a brightly lit area, where I feel safe walking alone.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western