“Good choice in Melbourne”

Pullman Melbourne Albert Park
Ranked #76 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed here during our honeymoon in Australia in January 2012. We were upgraded on arrival to a Sebel Tower room which was very spacious, and our room was ready despite us arriving a little early. The room itself was huge, with an enormous King bed, seating area with sofa / coffee table, as well as a large desk for working at, TV, tea/coffee etc etc. We travel with far too much luggage yet still had plenty of storage space. I'll post some photos to give a better idea of the layout and amenities. Our room had huge windows facing out over Albert Park which was a beautiful view, though the sun beaming in through the window all day long meant the temperature was very high, and the air conditioning really struggled to deal with this.

The location - on paper - is outside the CBD, but you can be around Flinders Street Station (ie middle of town) within 20 minutes of leaving the hotel by walking to the nearby tram stop and getting the very frequent tram service into town. We usually stopped at a nearby coffee shop for breakfast first though! I'd highly recommend also taking the tram in the other direction to St Kilda, which is only 5-10mins away. To my mind this hotel's position between Melbourne CBD and St Kilda merits "excellent" for location.

Concierge was generally helpful; no specific complaints but not as enthusiastic as in other places we have stayed.

In general this is a good hotel for a stay in Melbourne or St Kilda. The room temperature was our only issue with this hotel, and that wouldn't stop us staying here again (though we'd probably sacrifice the view and take a room at the opposite side).

Room Tip: Rooms in the Sebel Tower facing Albert Park give a stunning view, but they are also very hot because...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
SebelCitigateAP, Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for your review on review The Sebel & Citigate Albert Park Melbourne and congratulations on your recent marriage.

We were delighted to note that you had enjoyed your stay. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Australia.

There are newer reviews for Pullman Melbourne Albert Park

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed at citigate in Feb. Booked through Wotif and got a great rate. On booking confirmation a king size bed was part if the deal, however when walking into our room we were given 2 single beds, no view and the room was tiny. I contacted reception and advised them that I refuse to stay in that room and will not sleep in single beds. They upgraded me to an Albert park lake view in one of their suits. The new room was fantastic, king size bed, amazing view, felt very welcome. The buffet breakfast was great to, around $60 for 2 people, we arrived there late and were not advised that within 30min they will be closing the buffet. Didn't get much time to sit down and enjoy my breakfast as most of the food was being packed away with 15min if my arrival, so what I did get to taste was pretty good, I would have liked to sample a few more things. Overall the service was pretty good, and the upgrade made the stay more pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you very much for your comments and for choosing to stay at The Sebel & Citigate Albert Park Melbourne. I apologise about the error in the room allocated to you, however I am glad to hear you were happy with the upgrade given to you.

Thanks again, and we hope to be provided with another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed here one night for a conference which was held on site. My room was nice & spacious, even though near lift I didn't get annoyed by any noise. Did not try the room service but the bar downstairs was ok.

Bathroom as no frills but clean & functional. Check in was pretty efficient and staff friendly. But they forgot I requested express checkout in the morning and we're still trying to sort that out 2 weeks later.

Not a good choice if you need to be in the city, unless you're willing to pay for a taxi or brave a tram trip. It took me nearly 30 mins to get into city in a taxi (apparently the traffic was very bad due to a football game).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Another one of those magical moments with wotif mystery hotels, so I got a fabulous big room with everything necessary in a very nice hotel conveniently located. I think I'm probably glad I didn't have a car to pay fees for though, and as always.... mini~bar prices and room service are over~priced....
~ but that is certainly an issue that's endemic in the industry.

For once I did treat myself to a room service breakfast, and it was a perfectly delicious well~presented omelette with extra tomatoes.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2012

A good location , especially if you like to walk early morning, the proximity to Albert park is a real bonus. Comfortable spacious rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Only gripe was the thin pillows, a few more or thicker ones would help. Overall a good place to stay in walking distance to st Kilda.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business