We stayed here during our honeymoon in Australia in January 2012. We were upgraded on arrival to a Sebel Tower room which was very spacious, and our room was ready despite us arriving a little early. The room itself was huge, with an enormous King bed, seating area with sofa / coffee table, as well as a large desk for working at, TV, tea/coffee etc etc. We travel with far too much luggage yet still had plenty of storage space. I'll post some photos to give a better idea of the layout and amenities. Our room had huge windows facing out over Albert Park which was a beautiful view, though the sun beaming in through the window all day long meant the temperature was very high, and the air conditioning really struggled to deal with this.
The location - on paper - is outside the CBD, but you can be around Flinders Street Station (ie middle of town) within 20 minutes of leaving the hotel by walking to the nearby tram stop and getting the very frequent tram service into town. We usually stopped at a nearby coffee shop for breakfast first though! I'd highly recommend also taking the tram in the other direction to St Kilda, which is only 5-10mins away. To my mind this hotel's position between Melbourne CBD and St Kilda merits "excellent" for location.
Concierge was generally helpful; no specific complaints but not as enthusiastic as in other places we have stayed.
In general this is a good hotel for a stay in Melbourne or St Kilda. The room temperature was our only issue with this hotel, and that wouldn't stop us staying here again (though we'd probably sacrifice the view and take a room at the opposite side).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Melbourne Albert Park is located opposite Albert Park Lake, just minutes from Melbourne’s CBD and St Kilda’s beaches. The hotel offers 379 spacious guest rooms featuring LCD TV's, on demand movies, satellite television and internet access, in-room safe, iron and ironing board, mini-bar as well as tea & coffee making facilities. The hotel also features a gymnasium, indoor pool, spa and sauna as well as three dining outlets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pullman Melbourne Albert Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel & Citigate Albert Park Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- The Sebel And Citigate Albert Park Melbourne
- Sebel Albert Park Hotel Melbourne
- Pullman Melbourne Albert Park Victoria