“Nothing special but comfortable stay”

Bayview On The Park
Ranked #136 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Stayed couple nights for work function. Old hotel showing its age; nothing special.. Basically, you get for what you paid for. Room was spacious and comfortable with view of park/ golf course across the road. Bed was comfortable, but could use a more comfortable pillows. Had typical continental breakfast in the hotel; again nothing special. Door not very sound proof; can be a bit noisy when people walk in the hallway outside room (specially when there are large group of Chinese tourist) or can hear room noise from hallway.

Location not very convenient as not much shops/ restaurants around the area. However, tram station about 300 meter and can take you to CBD. For nearby food option, recommend going to Chapel Street, about 2.1 KM (25 minutes walk or 3 minutes by car. I called Uber and was very easy) away where there are lots of food options.

For breakfast or lunch, I recommend going to a nearby small Vietnamese bakery & cafe (around the corner, 200 m away) at unit 1 / 58 queens road. Very nice Vietnamese pork roll.

Room Tip: Room facing golf course can be very bright and very hot when the sun is out.. Room furthest from ele...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay.

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by other guests during your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact our 24 hour reception desk on your next visit and we will ensure this is rectified immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I stayed here for a weekend a while back and I have always heard great things, and I agree from my experience.
Mostly frequented as a great business travelers accommodation for their facilities, such as conference rooms, restaurant onsite, and their suites being simple and classy in design, but I was greeted at reception by very helpful staff, who made check in easy and friendly.

When I went to my suite, it was clean, had a great view of Albert Park across the road, and parking was complimentary and secure for all guest, they offer room service, and there is also a pool onsite to use during the day, and within 12 mins of the Melbourne CBD and 5 mins from Crown Casino, you have an array of restaurants, bars, and locations to visit and see, along with South Melbourne Markets only moments away.

I would defintley recommend this hotel to anyone, as it has been a favorite for many interstate, and international traveler for many years.

Stayed: November 2016
Bayview Eden M, General Manager at Bayview On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Megan,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Bayview On The Park. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you again.

Best regards,
Bayview On The Park Management

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Bayview On The Park as part of our bus trip to the AFL Grand Final. The staff were so helpful as we arrived before our rooms were ready and they allowed us to store our luggage in the Function room and get freshened up and changed to head off to the oval. On return from the match our check in was quick and it wasn't long before we were in our rooms. They were clean, comfortable and just shag we needed to relax before heading out for a meal. Some chose to eat in the restaurant while we chose their little bar area. Our good was fresh and very very enjoyable. This was followed by a lovely hot shower and extremely comfortable, Cosy bed. I really enjoyed my stay and could not fault anything. The staff especially to be commended for their friendly, professional manner. Their honestly also rated a 10 as my friend left her wallet in the chair in the bar area and the waitress found it and returned it promptly yo our room before we even realized it was missing. I highly recommend this lovely place to stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It is definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this and I will be sure to let our staff know how much of an impact they made on your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Worst motel bed I’ve ever stayed in!
Room and hotel was very old and dated. Room could have been ALOT cleaner!
Dirty rub marks on the bed head where people’s heads have rubbed and water stains in shower toilet and basin where the taps drip. Tiny shower that seems impossible to adjust temperature properly.

On a positive not the staff were friendly and very helpful. Free wifi and nice location. Some more arrival parking would be good as all the loading parks at the front seemed to have the same cars parked in them our whole visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am very happy that the staff was welcoming and helpful and that you enjoyed our convenient location and complimentary WiFi. However, I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the Hotel.

If you could please contact myself directly I would like to investigate further. Despite this, I hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The rooms and amenities aren't too flash which is reflected in the price. The restaurant food was good quality and parking was relatively cheap. A quick walk to trams which put you in a central location to a large number of sights and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you found our location to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Melbourne.