All reviews st kilda opposite albert park car parking tram stop city
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Checked in to the Bayview on the park late at night so were pretty jetlagged. Next morning we had time to look at the room. The bathroom shower curtain smelled awful and the bathroom had mould everywhere and cracked tiles. The toilet was not cleaned well either. The window in the bedroom was teaming with condensation and the wooden sill was raised due to water damage. The window frame was full of mould. The artexed ceiling was filthy and had cobwebs and dust all over it. It was black in places with dirt. The sheet had come off the mattress slightly and when we inspected the mattress I'm appalled to realise what I had slept on. It was a mattress that belonged in a skip. When we complained to reception they dealt with the complaint very well and we were moved to a different room. It was hugely better but still had cleaning issues especially in the bathroom. The location of the hotel was quite good for the city but I think there are better hotels in this area as it costs nothing to clean.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for your candid feedback.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the Hotel was not up to par. Please note that this information has been passed on to our Housekeeping department for further investigations and discussions.

Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Dropped in Saturday Afternoon for drinks at the bar. The hotel in general is in need of a face lift very run down on the outside and inside is dated. The bar area is comfortable nothing special and the staff were good. Could do so much more given the location.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank DShalders

Thank you for your review.

I am very happy that the staff were welcoming and accommodating and I have forwarded your feedback onto all staff concerned.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I wanted a cheap room close to the city, as I was arriving late and moving to The Blackman the next day and Bayview did the trick. The rooms are a little old school, but clean, big and comfortable. The staff were friendly and the hotel is well positioned close to St Kilda Rd. If you need a hotel and you are on a budget, give this hotel a try.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. Do checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages for promotions that you may be interested in.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Great location and well maintained and clean accomodation . Starts at reception with friendly staff and cater for your every need . Bar service and food lovely . You have a choice of either restaurant or bar menu !
Close to many services !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for making our Hotel your second home when you are in Melbourne.

Your continued patronage of our Hotel is sincerely appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

After reading some reviews on here I was worried but on arrival I was very happy. The lobby was really nice, in its day it would have been amazing. Our room was good, comfortable bed, nice linen and really clean. It was a bit dated but still in good condition and everything in working order. It was very quiet overnight. The shower had great pressure! I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to hear that enjoyed your stay with us and i look forward to having you again as a guest in our Hotel.

Thanking you.