I stayed in the Crowne Plaza hotel for 2 nights. It's a lovely hotel in a great location whilst at one edge of the city, it is very close to the Crown Casino, no association, on the river and the Docklands. The location is good, and it is a lovely walk to many of the restaurants and bars of the south bank - the CBD of town is about 15-20 mins away, as is the Rod Laver tennis stadium and the MCG. You should definitely consider this hotel especially if you want to be down the Casino end of town. The rooms are large and, most importantly that great IHG pillow menu, so you have a choice of pillows of varying firmness, style also feather/down, options.
This was a two night Easter trip and I was using a two for one night Priority Privilege voucher, this shouldn't be confused with the Priority Club by IHG which is brilliant and free to join. Priority Privilege is sold at close to $300 PA as a separate program and whilst it all sounds good it really isn't, so don't fall for it.To be honest I probably didn't make the most of what the program had to offer but it's over rated and not worth it.
But back to the Crowne Plaza, I suppose I mentioned the above as sometimes on these vouchers you don't expect the best rooms, But I don't know if it is because I'm a Priority Club Platinum member I was given a grand view river suite- the reception staff are lovely and very welcoming, they are efficient and helpful, giving me a map and some recommendations, and whilst I go to Melbourne a y and choose to stay in another IHG property close by. They did introduce me to some things i hadn't heard of before. If i didn't have a close friendship with the other hotel I would have no hesitation in highly recommending this one.
The breakfasts are good and the rooms have everything you need, I was on an upper level, and had room service one evening late supper and it came quickly, well served and hot. They too have a good variety and many tasty, yummy and healthy options, and the right sweet treats.
Taxis are in abundance and a very close walk to trams and the city circle tram that takes you all around the city. The get on stop for the Tram Restaurant is also nearby. This is a lovely Hotel, maybe overshadowed by some grandeur and newer hotels very nearby, but if your looking for a friendlier settled in Hotel and if like me your a Priority Club member then this hotel is very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the Yarra River, in the heart of the Southbank precinct Crowne Plaza Melbourne is a located adjacent to Melbourne Convention Exhibition Center and a relaxed stroll from Southgate arts and dining promenade, the city center, Melbourne Aquarium, Etihad Stadium and shopping hot spots. Crowne Plaza Melbourne is a 5-minute walk from Southern Cross railway station and a 2-minute stroll to the tramways for swift travel across town. Taxis or our car service take 30 minutes from Melbourne Airport, while our convenient valet service makes parking a breeze. Providing support for the corporate traveler our business centre provides complimentary use of PCs, Internet and stationary supplies. Whether it’s over a succulent steak at Clarendon Street Grill, a classic cocktail in the Lobby Bar or an informal meeting in the Corporate Lounge, Crowne Plaza Melbourne really is The Place To Meet with friends, family, colleagues and clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Agoda, IHG, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Victoria