I saw the below reviews "Home away from home" title and I believe this is a perfect way of putting Crowne. I stay here at least 15 nights per year as our business home base is in Melbourne.
The service is alway friendly and prompt. The staff always have my frwquent flyer and priority club number and details loaded and occasionally leave gifts in the room - last time I was pleasantly surprised to be given the option of a bonus points, alcohl or a snack as part of my free priority club membership - given that I was arriving late and checking out early I appreciated this as I would not have partaken of a drink in any case!
The atmosphere is familiar and cozy. The staff are friendly and Stan in valet parking is a familiar sight everytime and remembers his guests and regulars, this is well appreciated. Location is good in proximity to Yarra side dining and the casino for a punt.
Food is usually of high quality, however a more expansive menu or more regular changes would be welcomed (many small motels/hotels have a more comprehensive menu) but is almost always tasty and arrives withint prescribed timeframe.
The charge for internet is horrible, as is the limitation on downloads that an hour on youtube or big e-mail downloads chews up quickly.... But given this is my only real gripe (and work pays for it) no big deal, however a large number of major North QLD hotel chains are including unlimited internet usage as part of accomodation package, which is something I would see as appropriate for the price charged.
As I have stated in other reviews, I go into the room and shut the curtains, usually being there for work or to sleep. Views mean little however they are always open to changing rooms to give you a good view of the river etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the Yarra River, in the heart of the Southbank precinct Crowne Plaza Melbourne is a located adjacent to Melbourne Convention Exhibition Center and a relaxed stroll from Southgate arts and dining promenade, the city center, Melbourne Aquarium, Etihad Stadium and shopping hot spots. Crowne Plaza Melbourne is a 5-minute walk from Southern Cross railway station and a 2-minute stroll to the tramways for swift travel across town. Taxis or our car service take 30 minutes from Melbourne Airport, while our convenient valet service makes parking a breeze. Providing support for the corporate traveler our business centre provides complimentary use of PCs, Internet and stationary supplies. Whether it’s over a succulent steak at Clarendon Street Grill, a classic cocktail in the Lobby Bar or an informal meeting in the Corporate Lounge, Crowne Plaza Melbourne really is The Place To Meet with friends, family, colleagues and clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Crowne Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Victoria