“Great bagels”

Ranked #8 of 292 Coffee & Tea in Melbourne
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Came here for Brunch with a friend, did not realise that it was basically all bagels but there is a good variety of sweet and savoury- there's also muesli available I think.

I had the pulled pork and it was very tasty, pork was tender and juicy with the BBQ sauce - perfect for a Sunday morning.

My friend had the sweet blueberry and it looked great.

There was a line when we got there but that's because it opens at 9 - we got in straight away.

Give this place a try - you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (443)

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Went here after flyin' in from Kentucky with the Wife and I must say the food and coffee surpassed all my expectations (And trust me I'm hard to please just ask my wife LOL!!) Anyway the food was great, service was supreme, bit surprised I couldn't find a squirrel bagel but that's A-OK! Stop by next time you're in Melbourne and tell em Cletus sent you!!

1  Thank CletusJ2
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Monday late morning brunch and didn't have to wait for a table. Small menu focused on different bagels and toppings. Don't come here if you want eggs for breakfast! Food ok but overpriced, coffee average for Melbourne and service average

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

The place was full when we arrived so we wrote our names down on a waiting list. Oh Melbourne. Once in there I couldn't fault the great coffee I received and the bagel was generous and delicious.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

Manchester Press is exactly the kind of place you want to stumble upon in Melbourne, situated in one of the city's charming laneways alongside street art and trendy brick apartments. It serves pulled pork and lox bagels, among other things, and attracts lots of people at all times of the day, which gives it a bustling atmosphere, but can lead to long wait times, which turned me away the second time I visited on my trip (I can't say I was going back because I liked it so much, but a local friend chose it as our meeting place). Service runs smoothly and drinks also deliver, but I couldn't help feel like the restaurant was missing something. That's overly analytical, however, and I might have been imagining it, so definitely go here if you want a tasty lunch place.

Date of visit: June 2016