New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Fantastic - Believe the Reviews” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Little Penguin Bus

The Little Penguin Bus
More attraction details
Owner description: Check out our new tours! A full-day Phillip Island tour, a Great Ocean Road tour and an express tour just to the 12 Apostles on the Great Ocean Road! The Little Penguin Bus is a budget-priced express tour operator travelling direct to the Phillip Island Penguin Parade. Enjoy a two hour scenic drive to Phillip Island, with commentary, arriving an hour before the penguins are due to appear. Time for a visit to the cafe, souvenir shopping and learning all about the Little Penguins in the visitor centre. We offer a selection of penguin viewing options and the personal service and small-group atmosphere of much more expensive operators. All fares advertised include return transport and Penguin Parade entry.
Scotland, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fantastic - Believe the Reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I opted for the Little Penguin bus as visiting Melbourne for the Grand Prix, I had limited time to explore the city and it's surroundings. The tour is perfect for those who just want to see the penguins, never mind all those other things most other tour operators fill the day with (you can do them anywhere)! Mac is friendly and informative and willing to offer inside information as to the best places to sit once you arrive at the penguin parade. If you are early enough arriving in Phillip Island a tour around the island is offered, a good chance for tourists like myself to catch a glimpse of the Australian wildlife, if you're lucky you might also see some penguins.

The penguins are a must see and I would recommend Mac and the Little Penguin Bus time and time again. Believe the reviews!

Visited March 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommended if you are interested in the Penguin Parade”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We have very limited time in Melbourne and would like to travel around the city as well as attend the Penguin Parade. After doing some online research, we decided on Little Penguin Bus. And we had a wonderful time! Mac is very punctual and everything went very well. We even managed to have time to spot the lovely little penguins and wallabies hopping in the open before the parade.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank CMfromNY
PenguinMac, Owner at The Little Penguin Bus, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Hi CM. Thanks for taking the time to write the review. It's great to hear people are using the bus to combine some city sights with the penguins. We are so fortunate to live in such a big vibrant city and also have a variety of wildlife living in their natural habitat only a couple of hours away! I love having the opportunity to share that with visitors. Thanks again. Mac.
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly Recommen the Little Penguin Bus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

It has taken me quite a while to write this review, but I had never forgotten to :)

Thanks to the tour guide, this tour is very memorable. I would recommend this tour to anyone who would want to spend their day in the city and evening watching the little cute penguins.

It was just me from Thailand and two other girls from UK, but our guide managed to keep all 3 of us entertained. He has alot of knowledge about the penguins and also had guides from where we could see the penguin best.

We didnt get there too early or too late, the timing was just perfect, few minutes and the penguins arrived. He took us to the view point before the parade and we also saw a baby penguin waiting in the burrow for it's parents to return, it was just precious.

I would continue to recommend this tour to my friends. Thanks alot for a great tour.

Kind regards,
Rabia

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Rabia M
PenguinMac, Owner at The Little Penguin Bus, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Hi Rabia. Thanks so much for the great review and photos. I'm pleased you enjoyed the trip and thanks for sharing your thoughts. Cheers Mac
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Good tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Seemed like the tour was designed for families or 30+ age groups. I don't know if it would be the right fit for younger backpackers. We chose it because we wanted to spend most of the day in the city and then head out at night to see the penguins, which it worked out great. It is a bit of a drive for only about 1.5-2 hrs of penguin viewing, but better than going to a lame chocolate shop like most of the tours offer. We got to the island early, so our guide took us around the island for some great views and to see wallabys and some other penguin burrows in different areas of the island. All in all, it was a great tour.

Visited February 2012
PenguinMac, Owner at The Little Penguin Bus, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Hi April. Thanks for the positive review and feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the tour. The tour was never "designed" for any particular type of traveller, it's for anyone that's wants to just see the penguins only, rather than take the full day tour visting places they're not really interested in or seeing things they have already experienced elsewhere. In the beginning I even tried to avoid calling it a tour, it's really just transport to the Penguin Parade. But you are right about young backpackers, they might not be that interested in 'just the penguins' and would rather see them as part of a full day experience. They also tend to have a lot more time than other travelers! The Little Penguin Bus is ideal for people with limited time in Melbourne who would like to combine the Penguin Parade with another half-day tour or city sightseeing.
Cheers Mac
“No faffing..straight to the Penguin action! Excellent value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We were so pleased we chose the Little Penguin Bus to see the Penguin Parade. Such a VIP service with lots of facts about everything, not just the beautiful penguins! Such an informative and enthusiastic guide! Recommend to all!!

Hi LJ. Thanks for the great review. Faffing is a word I just don't see often enough! I see TripAdvisor as our online guestbook so it's great to hear what people think of the trip and I love to know that people have had a good time. Thanks again. Mac.