“French hospitality ”

Price range: AU$5 - AU$20
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Roule Galette is a little piece of France in the city where you will find French staff, speaking the language of Voltaire who will serve you in a warm and intimate setting reminiscent of Montmartre in Paris. Music, whether Breton or French songs of the last century or more modern times will accompany your meal along with authentic Cider from the Pays d'Auge in Normandie, or Cotes du Rhone or Burgundy wines. Not to forget the inimitable Orangina.
Reviewed 4 May 2019 via mobile

Great little french crepe place in the city. Typical Melbourne laneway. The restaurant is very small but has two premises on opposite sites of the lane which adds to the quirkyness.
Service was very frenchy and friendly. Crepes were tasty , the organic french cider a great accompanying drink. One of the crepes unfortunately was a bit cold, we mentioned this to the waitress and when we paid the charge was automatically removed which I thought was a great gesture. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed 28 April 2019 via mobile

6 of us went for a family breakfast this morning. Really nice coffee. We all had savoury meals which were good but I have to say the sweet crepes we saw looked even better. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. We’ll definitely be back again.

2  Thank 44gaylem
Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

First, it was great this cafe was open for breakfast on Anzac Day! Second, the service is friendly, and authentic, in that it's primarily in French! Third, the crepe I ordered was a bit sad...I got the apple crepe and it was pretty basic, certainly compared with what my neighbours were having... It was pretty cheap, so perhaps that was the trade off. If I'm back in town, I'd be open to trying another option.

Reviewed 20 April 2019 via mobile

We spotted this place down a small side alley- and I’m glad we did! The galettes are very good. Next time we visit Melbourne, we’ll be back for more

Reviewed 17 April 2019 via mobile

As I am gluten intolerant it was really good 😁 because if how many options they had and I would definately visit again as well as the amazing aroma and the friendly staff ( who speak French to indulge in the setting) the food was amazing 😁😁😁