“An interlude for the busy staff”
Review of Roule Galette

Roule Galette
Ranked #9 of 4,582 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: USD 4 - USD 14
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Roule Galette is a little piece of France in the city where you will find French staff, speaking the language of Voltaire who will serve you in a warm and intimate setting reminiscent of Montmartre in Paris. Music, whether Breton or French songs of the last century or more modern times will accompany your meal along with authentic Cider from the Pays d'Auge in Normandie, or Cotes du Rhone or Burgundy wines. Not to forget the inimitable Orangina.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

E: where you off too?
D: Melbourne, but I'm finished work now and eating crepes and drinking cote du Rhone in an alley creperie surrounded by french people singing so it feels like Paris
E: how lovely

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

What an amazing little place . Barely 8 seats inside but what it lacks in size it makes up in quality and style . Staffed by a great bunch of French girls who are super friendly with personality to boot.
Food is fantastic and everything is available gluten free .
I had the gluten free crepe with egg , ham , salad and smoked salmon . Simply beautiful . For such a tiny little place whose kitchen is no bigger than a small table it’s simply awesome . Thanks guys . Loved it

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Great food fun atmosphere. Delicious coffee and lots of sweet treats. I enjoyed the indoor/outdoor style of this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We sought this little place out as it was highly rated on TA, we felt like trying something different and there was a lot of gluten free food on offer. As they explain on their menu their savoury crepes are made from buckwheat and are thus gluten free. On that basis we gleefully bounded down to Flinders Lane to try them out and we were not disappointed.

The staff are French, or at least speak it fluently by my ear so it's as authentic as you can get. We sat on one side of the lane and ordered whilst the waiting staff scuttled across to the other side and gave the order to the kitchen. I asked for the smoked salmon galette and partner wanted the Normandy Camembert galette. We both agreed that these were delighful eating. A very good amount of food and they were also very good prices at around the $17-19 mark.

Although we were both quite full at this point we decided we would go for desserts. It was about 5 hours before a late flight back to Adelaide so we were keen to make sure we didn't get hungry at the airport or on Jetset if you know what I mean!

I had a strawberries and cream galette (still gluten free for me) and partner had the famous crepe suzette, flambe'd at our table no less. These two dishes were very, very nice too and we devoured them as ravenously as we could given we had not a lot of space left.

This place is a little gem. It doesn't stay open very late (8pm most night) and it serves great food at great prices. It is different enough to stand out and stand out it does! As Molly Meldrum would say, do yourselves a favour and try it out. It is well worth a visit. We'd give it 4.5 if we could but no half points in TA!

1  Thank Andynick5109
Reviewed 2 September 2018

My 2nd visit here. This time I took my partner. He said it was the best crepe he’d ever had.I opted for the chocolate with salted caramel and almonds. His was apple cooked with cinnamon served with caramel and cream. Delicious! Lovely waitress and great happy feel to the cafe. Will be back to try their savoury selection soon.