“Paradise Alley”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 16
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Roule Galette is a little piece of France in the city where you will find French staff, speaking the language of Voltaire who will serve you in a warm and intimate setting reminiscent of Montmartre in Paris. Music, whether Breton or French songs of the last century or more modern times will accompany your meal along with authentic Cider from the Pays d'Auge in Normandie, or Cotes du Rhone or Burgundy wines. Not to forget the inimitable Orangina.
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I picked this place solely on its trip advisors reviews. It did not disappoint. There were no seats inside at 7 PM so I said I took one of two tables in an alley that is under construction. Not much of a view, but the food was fantastic. I had spicy lamb and beef sausage. I had also ordered A cheese platter.but the waitress talk me out of it. The sausage, cheese, bread, and salad more than filled me up. It was delicious. The house coat around us both an expensive And perfectly acceptable. A surprisingly good dinner for about $27 Australian.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Fantastic food while hearing the French language in the kitchen made it a real overseas experience whilst still in the CBD of Melbourne. Definitely worth the visit!

1  Thank pommy_dave87
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

The hospitality of France, if you may. This hidden gem is absolutely one of my memorable experiences in my trip to Melbourne. The place itself is tiny, but people don't mind since the staffs are extremely friendly and very helpful. The crepes? They were absolute delight!! We shared a pork sausage crepe and for the dessert we ordered chocolate, almond, and ice cream with extra strawberries. Both of them were simply fabolous. Surely be back next time we're in town..

Michel D, Owner at Roule Galette, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely galette, with a wide range of fillings. It's nice to find such a wide range of gluten free options and served by great wait staff.

Reasonable prices an quick service. There's work going on in the lane, but don't let that put you off. We'll worth a stop.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Very French. Enjoyed the signature dish. As a visitor, it felt very Melbourne as well, and am happy to recommend it.