Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
JCW77
Atlanta, Georgia

Great AC hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Feb 2024
I stayed here during my time in Australia for the Open and enjoyed it .The hotel is pretty modern. It has a restaurant that is open for breakfast until 10 and in the evening for dinner, there are two bars, 1 being pool side. From my experience, the bar at the pool was not open often, I remember it being open only once during my stay. This property is hotel and residence so it mirrors an apartment building setting more so than a hotel. I liked the look and feel of rooms and loved the room service too. I guess it's pretty walkable, within a few blocks to get to food or even the outlet mall nearby. I suppose many people walk the area but I used Uber to get around. There's a concierge at the bottom level which was helpful, he suggested a pretty cool lunch spot near the river that I visited. The staff were nice and helpful, they did their best getting our rooms ready earlier than the check-in time. In all, this hotel met my expectations on location, price, and appearance. I would stay here again.
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Hotels.com
    AU$138
1.7 km from AC Hotel Melbourne Southbank
Fitness centre
Guests staying in suites can make use of our exclusive club lounge, which provides a range of services such as private check-in, use of the meeting space, and a curated menu. For health and wellness, Vitality merges our beautiful heated indoor pool, spa, sauna, steam room, Technogym and wellness room together, taking care of mind, body and soul.
AU$228
    AU$126
    AU$132
3.2 km from AC Hotel Melbourne Southbank
View more hotels in Melbourne
All reviews wonderful hotel rooms are small long weekend bed was very comfortable minute walk good size great stay room service marriott convention pillows southbank gym floor city dfo tram
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2024

We booked this hotel as a one night stopover before leaving on a cruise , booked it because it appeared to be one of , if not the closest hotel to Station Pier , could be I'm not sure but was just a short $20 cab fare away .

We arrived around lunch unfortunately our room was not ready so left our bags with the friendly concierge on the ground floor and went across the road to DFO , yep DFO is a short 150 metre walk across the road as is the Exhibition hall , very close to these facilities.

Arrived back about 3 .00 and went to reception on level 7 where we were greeted by friendly staff , our room was on level 3 which was a bit of a disapointment but thats the luck of the draw I guess , having said that room was very quiet.

Room had 2 double beds and was a fairly decent size , bathroom however is on the small size. Very nicely appointed and very modern. Beaut infinity pool on level 6 - was strange to see dogs sitting beside pool but this hotel is dog friendly and every dog we encountered was well behaved so no dramas there.

there is limited food options at hotel , room service , bar menu all with a spanish bent , restaurant was closed as was a public holiday. No restaurants nearby in the street either , food court at DFO is a cheap option if still open however we decided to walk to Crown Casino , it was an easy 15 minute walk and felt very safe .

Breakfast buffet the next morning was Great ! May not be the biggest or most variety Ive ever had but it certainly was the freshest , nothing was soggy nor felt as if it had been sitting around for long . Have the spanish omelette you wont regret it ! The chef was a bit of a character and up for some friendly banter too , nice guy and great chef !

Front desk cheerfully organised cab for us to Station Pier and check out was a breeze.

All in All a great hotel , in a fairly good location , I would definitely stay there again , no qualms about that . Location probably knocks it from a 5 to to 4 & 3/4 stars !!

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2023 via mobile

This a nicely appointed hotel with excellent staff and service. We chose to stay here as dogs are allowed, which was great. We also enjoyed the buffet breakfast and pool. However the name “Southbank” is misleading as the hotel is not located on the south bank of the Yarra River across from the city. It is in fact south of DFO South Wharf and the freeway.

Room tip: Parking is available in a nearby, outdoor parking lot.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sunalika Verma, Guest Services / Front Office at AC Hotel Melbourne Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2024

Dear Fiona,

Thank you for your recent stay at the AC Hotel by Marriott and for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. We genuinely appreciate your kind words about our hotel's interior, the excellent service provided by our staff, and your positive experiences with our dog-friendly policy, buffet breakfast, and pool facilities.

We understand your concerns about the location and the potential confusion caused by the name "Southbank." Your honest feedback is invaluable to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. We strive to improve our communication and provide accurate information to our guests.

We hope that despite the location discrepancy, your overall stay was enjoyable.

If your plans bring you back to the area, we would be honored to host you again and work towards making your experience even more satisfying.

See you soon!

Kind regards,
Liberty
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 December 2023 via mobile

The hotel was easy to locate. Its location suited my stay. Close to DFO shopping, 20min walk to South Melbourne Food market. I was welcomed on my arrival, check in was easy and quick. My room was perfect for my stay. It was made up every day. I loved the lobby and I used the restaurant a few times. Thank you for making my stay enjoyable. I will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2023

As my stay here nears its end, I thought it time to write a review.

When you first pull up, remember, don’t judge a book by its cover. Inside, you will find the best AC hotel I’ve ever stayed at. I chose this hotel due to its location, a 10-minute walk to the convention center (MCEC). Some reviews I’ve now read complain there is nothing around. There is a lot of retail withing a 15-minute walk.

I’ll start with the staff who run the reception desk. To a person, they’ve been friendly and competent. Every interaction has been fantastic. All my requests were well handled – my wife joining me later, housekeeping, etc.

As I’m here on business, I haven’t used the gym or pool, but it is nice to know they are there. I have eaten in the restaurant multiple times. While a larger selection would be nice, every meal has been great. They have great selection of local beers and a few ciders (I’ve earned my Down Under badge in Untapped). There is also a full bar. I’ve found everything reasonably priced.

If you have an event at the MCEC, you couldn’t choose a better place to stay.

As my stay here nears its end, I thought it time to write a review.

Lastly, the Wi-Fi is excellent. Very important to me as I’m here on business.

PS there is a Pokémon Go stop that I could reach from my room

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2023

What an amazing place was greeted at the foyer paid extra for concierge way cheaper than other hotels in Melbourne and who gives u chocolates❤️ the room was super clean and inviting a great view from the 10th floor so easy to get around all staff were very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed tapas and drinks upon our arrival at the bar was so delicious and the breakfast was perfect with a huge selection. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple