“Its a day out At The Tennis”
Review of Rod Laver Arena

USD 56.00*
Melbourne City Sights Morning Tour with Optional Yarra Cruise
Ranked #18 of 445 things to do in Melbourne
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Nearly every year my sister and I spend the day at the tennis some years with reserved seats (This year its Margaret Court) other years we get there as the gates open and run to Hiesense Arena (one year I fell up the stairs, as my sister kept running, then wonder why I was late....she got us great seats, by not stooping to help me...... We watch some quality matches, on the first weekend of play selection. We take some food from home to get us through the day its a bit healthier and we buy some wine or beer if its hot, and of course coffee. Make sure you get a look at the practice matches, and even stay on for the music, which we havent done yet as we are to busy watching tennis......

Write a ReviewReviews (1,145)

Reviewed 15 November 2017

This is the best venue for large music concerts in Melbourne because you feel as if you're never too far away from the stage. However we only buy A reserve seats so that could have something to do with it. It's easy to park nearby & relatively quick to find your gate & seats. Much prefer this venue for concerts over Etihad & MCG.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I've seen Concerts & Tennis here both of which are sensational. As I've been to many Concerts here, I thought to focus on that. There isn't a bad seat in the house, regardless of the stage setup. Yes some of the side views may be obstructed but the sounds is always sensational. Keep this in mind especially as Etihad sound is always atrocious.
Plenty of toilets and bars outside the doors are available and while it's pricey you can't really help that.
Seats are easily marked and there is always plenty of staff to assist. One of my favourite venues in the world, purely because you can't have a bad experience as it's consistent.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Food and drink prices standard for the venue, plenty of outside seating and mainly fast food options only available for purchase. Seating inside arena was comfortable and atmosphere was great. Security search on the way in was pretty quick.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Went to Toruk at Rod Laver easy access, good amenities , food/drink a bit expenses but overall great experience